Re: 1.1.1 Patch Notes Discussion - Live 04/16/2019

by TJ400000

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

I don't like the changes and I also think they are extremely unimaginative.

Every time players ask for solo mode they are told "Apex is a squad game". So, in what way do the changes you have made in this patch support squad play?

I cannot think of a game I've played where some classes have had the amount of damage they absorb changed. It seems like a very inelegant change.

What you should have done is make some of the smaller Legends bigger. It makes perfect sense. That way damage remains consistent.

Would people have hated a change like that? Of course. Narcissistic types who like EZ mode weapons and classes are easily upset. So what.

It seems inevitable now that you will have to develop a solo mode for Apex. But how many of the current Legends are going to be viable for that?

For the sake of honesty and integrity I think you should make a solo mode so that you can balance each operator 1:1. It's not what I want but it's what you should do if you're going to go down this particular road of making clumsy changes to suit soloists and not balancing with integrity.

I feel like this patch is kind of dishonest. You didn't address the fundamental problem of soloists in a squad game and you used tweaks to cover over the fact that you perhaps lack the courage to make the proper changes that are needed to bring cohesion within squads.

I would even suggest that in future you retire any Legends that are not popular and replace them rather than make such inelegant changes. Or even change the meta by temprarily removing very popular Legends who cause imbalances to the squad dynamic.

Sorry for the rant but that's gaming for you. I'll probably change my mind in a week. I hope so.

Message 11 of 47 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@warslag I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree. I think these changes are logical. Bigger = a touch more health.

Still no need for solo imo. Settle down and see how it plays out. It's not been a day yet.

The dropship change is magic. Squads are populating the map. I just 6-7 games where there was some sort of action within minutes, without it being 7 squads in one place. That's a great change.

I also like the health changes. I've still killed Caus and Gib but when playing them, there is just a touch more survivability.

All in all, much much better. It needs time to bed in and see how people start using things but I'm impressed.

Message 12 of 47 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

How is giving the largest characters a bit more survivability taking away from the team aspect of the game.....? [Removed - CM] To come up with these long, drawn out complaints about soloists vs. team players, lack of effort, laziness, blah blah blah..... now THAT takes some skill. What good does a Gibraltar or Caustic do for your team if they're dead within five seconds? I'll wait.......

No I won't. They don't do you any good. Now they actually have a chance to survive and help the team. People seem to have this weird fascination with nerfs/buffs, thinking it helps people individually... While it does, it ultimately helps the team as a unit. How can you win if you're constantly having to babysit a character? Now everyone should be able to focus on rushing, healing, defending, etc. without worrying about, "Someone's going to shoot my foot from 500 meters away because I'm big AF on this map." 

Use your heads people, geez. 

Message 13 of 47 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This update is awesome but...

The server netcode still sucks and the leaving penalty hasn't been put in.

Message 14 of 47 (654 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well lets see how this goes! Gibralter is fun to play but I did feel like due to his Big Boned size he was easier to hit!

Message 15 of 47 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jonesy0218 wrote:

How is giving the largest characters a bit more survivability taking away from the team aspect of the game.....? I swear, some people are smoking some good sh*t and I want some. To come up with these long, drawn out complaints about soloists vs. team players, lack of effort, laziness, blah blah blah..... now THAT takes some skill. What good does a Gibraltar or Caustic do for your team if they're dead within five seconds? I'll wait.......

No I won't. They don't do you any good. Now they actually have a chance to survive and help the team. People seem to have this weird fascination with nerfs/buffs, thinking it helps people individually... While it does, it ultimately helps the team as a unit. How can you win if you're constantly having to babysit a character? Now everyone should be able to focus on rushing, healing, defending, etc. without worrying about, "Someone's going to shoot my foot from 500 meters away because I'm big AF on this map." 

Use your heads people, geez. 

People work together when they are forced to work together. If you put three people together as a squad in completely different vehicles then you will find the squad playing in line astern. Give parity to those vehicles and they will play as a cohesive unit.

At the moment, the Legends are in competition. There is a clear hierarchy or order of effectiveness. It may or may not be a deliberate oversight - to allow players to predate on each other by making a hierarchy of power. Assuming it's not, the patch and it's moronic tweaks have solved nothing and do not add to squad play at all.

Message 16 of 47 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

where is the pathfinder's hitbox fix?

Message 17 of 47 (617 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

WOW,  so many great fixes on this patch.  Great job. 

Message 18 of 47 (610 Views)

★★★ Guide

When are we getting matchmaking?

Message 19 of 47 (593 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@jaayel

Let me translate those modern simplified Chinese:

" Nice, nothing about anti-cheat.  "

Message 20 of 47 (640 Views)