why my sim all pitch black

by JenNGor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why my sim all pitch black

★★★★ Novice

I dont know what to do, i dont want to restart over again.

Message 1 of 9 (726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why my sim all pitch black

Champion

@JenNGor, Thanks for updating us that you do use CC! Standard smile You need to do what @Psychotps stated, and you also should delete your localthumbcache.package file after you move your Mods folder to your desktop.  

Keep in mind that we are getting another patch to the game on Thursday, so you might have to do all of this over again! Raised eyebrow  Or you can just wait until after the patch updates your game. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (662 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@JenNGor, do you play with Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering

Message 2 of 9 (706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't help it lmao  yeah i downloaded clothes i cant remember which ones are effective, i got to organize more. I'll probably try delete  few things and see save it to another file.

Message 3 of 9 (688 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@JenNGor The easiest thing to do is move your entire MODS folder to your desktop and try the game again. Make sure NOT to save the game without the mods. Just load it and see if your sims return to normal (without the cc that is).

If they do, you know it's CC related. Just exit the game without saving and move a few mods back and re-load the game. Keep doing that until something you move back causes them to go black like that. That'll tell you what mod or CC it is.
Message 4 of 9 (671 Views)

Champion

@JenNGor, Thanks for updating us that you do use CC! Standard smile You need to do what @Psychotps stated, and you also should delete your localthumbcache.package file after you move your Mods folder to your desktop.  

Keep in mind that we are getting another patch to the game on Thursday, so you might have to do all of this over again! Raised eyebrow  Or you can just wait until after the patch updates your game. Wink

Message 5 of 9 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

alrighty thanks.

Message 6 of 9 (619 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you find what file is causing this bug I can take a look into it. Previously I saw files with bugged shadow file were causing this glitch. 

Message 7 of 9 (598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to play sims but your stupid update ruind is so I cant pay and f I cant fix is then Im reporting sims

Message 8 of 9 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bellaissmart, do you use Mods or Custom Content (CC) in your game. Wondering If you do, it isn't EA's fault since Mods and CC aren't part of the game, but something you added on.Raised eyebrow   You need to follow the above instructions to find out what Mod or CC item is causing the problem. 

But since the full instructions are in 2 different posts, I will post the entire instructions here for your convienience Standard smile :

If you use Mods or CC, please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps any time you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent versionRaised eyebrow

Now, if this doesn't work, (or if you don't use Mods or CC) there might be another problem with your game.  Either way, please update us on whether this works for you or not!   Angel

Message 9 of 9 (522 Views)