why is my honey jar sparkling in sims 4

by Behappy1st

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is my honey jar sparkling in sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim collected honey from the bees. A couple of them have a sparkle or dot of light above them. What does it mean. Whats different about those jars?

Message 1 of 8 (822 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why is my honey jar sparkling in sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Behappy1st With food and a number of other items the sparkles are a good thing, so even though I have not noticed that on my honey jars it likely means that they are higher quality in some manner. I would assume this may something like freshness, quality level, value, mood/happiness/mood-sim-interaction-friendship-quality/health etc. of the bees who produced it, etc. I would say it's a good thing and if you check the honey for quality compared to the ones without the sparkle it may give an indication of this in the item's description. High quality honey is also good for sickness, if I remember correctly. There is more info on the bees and honey at this link.: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (788 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Behappy1st With food and a number of other items the sparkles are a good thing, so even though I have not noticed that on my honey jars it likely means that they are higher quality in some manner. I would assume this may something like freshness, quality level, value, mood/happiness/mood-sim-interaction-friendship-quality/health etc. of the bees who produced it, etc. I would say it's a good thing and if you check the honey for quality compared to the ones without the sparkle it may give an indication of this in the item's description. High quality honey is also good for sickness, if I remember correctly. There is more info on the bees and honey at this link.: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php

Message 2 of 8 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank You. It was excellent,  but so were others and they didn't sparkle only a couple here and there. It's my first time playing with the bees so I don't know very much yet. I thought once my beekeeper maxed the relationship bar with them she wouldn't get stung. Wrong, every time. LOL

Message 3 of 8 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a thought, but I wonder if has anything to do about their emotions. For example calm verses irritated etc.

Message 4 of 8 (763 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Small tip
Crocuses in a vase placed near the beehive will calm the bees. But it must be a bouquet of crocuses created by florist.
Message 5 of 8 (748 Views)

Champion

@Behappy1st wrote:

Just a thought, but I wonder if has anything to do about their emotions. For example calm verses irritated etc.

The relationship and calmness of the bees does affect the honey in my experience, and I believe they mention that in the post I linked to as well. Personally, I always have the sim put on the beekeeper suit while gathering honey, otherwise they get stung. Yup.

Message 6 of 8 (739 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SheriGR Standard smile
During the game, I found that the bees have the same need to contact the owner of the hive as pets have. Only it will not be lowered as fast as in the case of a dog or cat. One time a day is enough. Therefore, my sim never uses a beekeeper's outfit and he is never stung. But if he forgets to visit his hive, they can sting him.
Message 7 of 8 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kreatora  Good to know. I didn't realize that the relationship increases during honey collection... I thought that the bees just find it annoying by the end unless you have a very high relationship already.

Message 8 of 8 (720 Views)