Re: trash bug?

by tayisgrose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

trash bug?

★★★ Novice

my sim cannot clean any litter boxes or pick up piles of hair due to "not having a trash bin", yet there are three. it will not let me empty the two inside because it says i need to have an outdoor trash, which i do. yes, i have tried putting the trash in a different spot, selling it and then purchasing a new one, debugged it using the cheat, exited my game multiple times, repaired the game through origin, and it still comes up saying i need a trash to clean the litter boxes. please help! i just wanna play my game.

Message 1 of 8 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

update: i managed to make it work by just going into build mode and replacing the dirty litter boxes and sold the hair piles around the house and just continued to play as normal and eventually it just started working again.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (610 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

As a workaround purchase the trashcan that never needs emptying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (593 Views)

★★★ Novice
but it doesn't allow me to use the trash can anyway.
Message 3 of 8 (580 Views)

Champion (Retired)

So after purchasing the new trashcan and removing the others you can not use the new trashcan?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (573 Views)

★★★ Novice
correct
Message 5 of 8 (567 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you have any Mods or CC please remove them and test the game again.

Message 6 of 8 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

don't have any

Message 7 of 8 (554 Views)

★★★ Novice

update: i managed to make it work by just going into build mode and replacing the dirty litter boxes and sold the hair piles around the house and just continued to play as normal and eventually it just started working again.

Message 8 of 8 (611 Views)