trans

by rename93020

Original Post

trans

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: Character creator is still not where it needs to be for Trans players
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. I was so happy when Sims 4 added the ability to separate your biological characteristics, and it's amazing that clothing isn't gender restricted, but the character creator still has a long way to go in this regard, especially when it comes to making the games accessible to us nonbinary players.
How is this making it more difficult? i can't make a character that looks like me. I have a feminine body and a full beard. I'm nonbinary. Right now the character creator doesnt let me fully represent that.
How can we reproduce this experience? Ask one of your nonbinary staff members how they feel about not being able to look like themself in game.

Detach facial hair customization from gender. Create a third and/or neutral option for clothing preference: not everyone has a preference for feminine or masculine clothing. Add a third sex/androgynous sex to represent intersex and nonbinary people. 

On a side-note, while the Sims 4 is again better than many character creators in this regard, options for fat sims are pretty restricting. The fattest option isn't that fat and the models when the sim is set to fattest have always looked unrealistic and unbalanced to me. It would also be great to see some options for disabled folks, like canes and amputated limbs. Vitilligo, etc.

Thanks! Toby

Message 1 of 1 (355 Views)