Re: the sims 4 teeth glitch

by Feyona_t

Original Post

[SOLVED] the sims 4 teeth glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Alright so i got a new mod that you can make your sims invisible. but when the head part comes. it shows teeth of the sim. can someone please help me how to solve this???

EDIT: YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MOD TO REMOVE THIS!

08-31-19_10-45-48 AM.png

Message 1 of 8 (6,715 Views)

Champion

@AidenTheGamerYT, your Mod is probably outdated, which can happen anytime EA updates the game with a patch. It also can be more than one Mod or CC if you have any.  Check with the maker of that Mod and see if they have an updated version. Caution: We are about to get another update right before Realm of Magic is released, so I would wait until after that to see if the mod makers update that Mod, or else you will have to do the following steps over again! Disappointed

Please do all steps of the following:

1) Move your Mods folder to your Desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the Game Folder

3) Repair your game in Origin by logging into Origin and to to your Library.  Right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait until Origin fixes all of your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now when you turn on your game it will create a new, empty mods folder.  Check your game to see if the problem is fixed.

5). You can now add your Mods/CC back one at a time checking the game each time to see which one is the culprit.  In your case you already suspect the culprit, so get the newest version from the Mod maker  (For people with a lot of mods/CC they often have to do the 50/50 Method). 

It is the responsibility of the Mod/CC creators to update their items when EA updates the game.  It is the responsibility of people who use Mods/CC to make sure the Mods/CC they use are up to date! Raised eyebrow

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (6,694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Thanks but i might lose my save files and mods! what could i do?
Message 3 of 8 (6,631 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AidenTheGamerYT If you follow the instructions, you won't.
Message 4 of 8 (6,622 Views)

Champion

@AidenTheGamerYT, you shouldn't loose your files, like @Psychotps  stated.  Just follow the steps.  You can always make a backup to your game if you are really worried.

But, if you want to continue using Mods/CC, you will have to do these steps, and probably do them every time EA updates the game (like they will tomorrow, Sept. 5!) Otherwise your game won't work.Disappointed   If you don't want to go through these steps then you shouldn't play with Mods/CC.  The decision is yours. Wink 

Message 5 of 8 (6,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What kind of mod is that? Script mod? Clothing item? If it's a clothing item then it was created around 2 years ago when sims didn't have teeth. That's why a special number in the file is not adjusted to hide the teeth. If tt is a clothing item then it is not a glitch, but just an outdated file. 

Message 6 of 8 (6,566 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I JUST SOLVED IT! YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A MOD! AND I DID THAT! AND NOW I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE TEETH GLITCH!

Message 7 of 8 (6,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AidenTheGamerYT, please do not type in all capital letters! It is like shouting at your readers and is against the rules of this forum! Raised eyebrow

I'm glad you fixed the teeth problem Standard smile  Although, I wouldn't' generally think it a good practice if you are using a Mod to fix that Mod with another Mod.Wondering It sounds like fixing a broken leg with a bandage. Shocked  (The exception of course is to replace a broken and outdated Mod with its newer version that is designed to work with any new changes that EA has made to the game! Angel

At some point you will need to do the steps I listed above or you will have problems with your game again! Devil If you don't want to do those steps, then you shouldn't be using Mods! Disappointed (This is why I don't use Mods... I don't want to have to do the necessary maintenance on them! Embarrassed Large smile

Message 8 of 8 (6,508 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help