stair railings block doors

by reboot2019

Original Post

stair railings block doors

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all 32
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build a staircase and place a door
What happens when the bug occurs? in build mode the door places fine without cheats, but in live mode the stair railings block the doorway
What do you expect to see? no railings
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been messing about with the movers & shakers gym, I do it every time I start a new game - it's a compulsion!! However this time the building was glitching like mad, there was issues building an interior wall in the upstairs bathroom because 'the wall didn't exist' and the pillars outside were bugging out too - but that's not the problem. I built the outside staircase and door without using any cheats and I was happy to see that doors can be placed directly in front of stairs. Playing the game was different though because the stair railings completely cover the doorway and Sims can't use it

Message 1 of 5 (615 Views)

Re: stair railings block doors

★★ Guide

I've uploaded the lot to the gallery Movers & Shakers Rebuilt (no CC)

Message 2 of 5 (610 Views)

@reboot2019

Thanks for uploading, always helpful for testing Standard smile

Unfortunately because railings are placed in an all or nothing way there's no way to unblock the door. The only way to workaround it would be to build in the old style stairs and add a piece of flooring as a landing but you won't get the grill landing.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (581 Views)

★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora thanks for a taking a look. I can live with that door being a decorative feature because it really doesn't have a purpose, and I really don't want to go back to the old way of doing stairs - the folding stairs are so much better and easier even with limitations.

Message 4 of 5 (574 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 Moving this thread to game info as feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (549 Views)