sims 4 loading screen is frozen

by katelynk005

Original Post

sims 4 loading screen is frozen

★★★★ Novice

i've looked up this question multiple times, but i dont think its what i'm looking for. so i started playing sims 4 base game only, and i decided to download custom content. everything went fine and i followed a tutorial, but i downloaded more and i had to add some mesh, and now the game wont load, when i was trying to fix it, i read something that said to move the mods folder into documents, and that did work and it loaded but when i got into my game all my custom content was gone, i dont know the issue and if anyone does please let me knowStandard smile

Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

Re: sims 4 loading screen is frozen

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @katelynk005 

Glad that worked,  by moving the folder it is essentially now out of your game.  This shows you that something within the cc or mods is broken. 

Mods and cc use takes a lot of patience to use,  it also requires you to check for the most current mods and cc,  otherwise you experience problems such as the one you mention. 

It's best to add them back folder by folder (hopefully you have them organized in that way ie: mods > hairs > clothes game mods and so on) there's also the 50/50 method of putting them back..  as you add them back in this way, you try starting your game each time,  to find the cc breaking your game. 

Also,  if you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game. 

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)