Re: sim only has boys

by PugLove888

Original Post

sim only has boys

★★★ Newbie

my sim has had 7 kids and all of them have been boys. i do not want to use strawberries or music to influence the gender, just wondering if it is a bug and how to fix it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Honestly I don't know if it''s a bug or not but I think genders of babies in sims are random so it may just be that the odds favored male I guess you could always use cheats and go in to create a sim and change of their genders to a girl if you want but other than that I have no idea if this is a bug or not sorry if this was not helpful but that's all I know about it as I am a new Sims player and only got this game for Christmas so I'm still figuring it out

Message 2 of 5 (1,515 Views)

Champion

@zkhuey, like @HufflepuffHayley  stated, it is just random unless you do something like listen to certain music or eat certain foods like you mentioned. Angel I have not heard of this being a bug, but I could be wrong.  One of my large families has all girls out of 5 kids, but most have a mix.  If I were you, I would do a test house -- make a new Save Game, make a mom & dad, place them in a house and keep trying for babies.  (you can skip past infant stage by ageing them up, and then age them up again with cake if you don't want to take care of so many toddlers during the test). Or since this is just a test, you can move in another adult or 2 and when the babies become toddlers you can have the other adults move out with the toddlers so you can focus on testing for gender percentages.Nerd  That way you can have more children to give you a more accurate outcome to your test. You can also go into Game Options and give that household a short life-span if you want to speed things up, but this is not necessary. Wink  

The only other thing I can think of is that if you play with Mods or Custom Content (CC) , then there could be some Mod/CC that is causing all boys, in which case you would have to temporarily remove your Mods folder to your desktop and test you game without it.  Raised eyebrow  But you all boy-child family is probably just random! Wink

Please tell us what you find out! Wondering

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,496 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@zkhuey - It's statistically possible to have 7 boys in a family, in real life and in The Sims, but it does make one stop and think. There's one more possibility - one of my couples had a bunch of girls, and although I didn't directly use music, I found out during the last pregnancy that she had an affinity for pop music and would listen to it autonomously. So it's possible that your momma sim is just a huge alternative music fan. 

The test that @PugLove888  described would be the best way to figure out if there's a bug in your game. To be sure nothing else influences the gender, take out any stereo or music equipment as well as the strawberries and carrots. That way you eliminate the autonomous influencing. And please do report back and let us know how it goes!

Message 4 of 5 (1,489 Views)

Champion

@BlackjackWidow, thanks for adding that info about removing radios and gender-influencing food in the test game! Angel I totally forgot that! EmbarrassedLarge smile  (And I too have caught Sims at various times changing the radio stations from what I left it on, but I still forgot to mention it!) Large smile:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (1,479 Views)