Re: "Witness" Sims Won't Leave!

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Witness" Sims Won't Leave!

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded a house from the gallery, placed on a lot in Willow Creek and selected my family to move in. The moment they moved in 3 random guys walked into my house and just acted like they lived there (played on the computer, ate food, etc.) and there is no interaction to ask them to leave! At first I thought it was the "Welcome Wagon" but it wasn't, because that came a few hours later and those people waited outside the door to be invited inside. I thought I got smart, I "formed group" with all 3 guys, then had them follow me outside. I left them outside then I went back inside and clicked on my front door and set it to "lock for everyone but household members" but these guys can still walk right in! Now its the next day and more randos are coming in my house. I noticed when I hover my mouse over these people it says "Witness", which I assume means they are witnesses to a crime, but no crime has been committed! There's no cops or detectives on my lot, just a bunch of annoying neighboring Sims. 

I do not have any mods or CC. I double checked to make sure my house was a "Residential" lot, which it is, so that is not the problem. 

This is driving me CRAZY. How can I fix it? I spent so much time fixing up this house the way I want it after I downloaded it to the gallery, I don't want to move out or bulldoze my house Frown

Message 1 of 12 (3,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@cardiffgiant02 

It looks like your save is bugged. Save this lot to the library. After this still, in building mode, you need to use the "delete house" tool. Then rename this empty lot no matter what the new name will be.
Move your family to another empty lot - the same size - and download saved house.
This lot, when tested, didn't have any errors.

Edited: Forgot to add that you need to fix the game in Origin.

Origin/My games library - right-click on TS4 - option: repair game.

You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (3,199 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Hey @cardiffgiant02 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After reading through what you had to say and the only thing i can think of is that the creator who made the house may have played through some of the sims life and maybe they were a detective, or this house was being used as a crime scene before it was in the gallery and therefore the game bugged out and the house still thinks its a crime scene.

And i don't see how you would be able to fix it without bulldozing the lot or placing it somewhere else.

You could try "reset object debug" 

How to "reset object debug":

Hit Ctrl Shift C all at the same time and a cheat window should open.

Then type in testingcheats true

After that right click on the sim while holding shift and click "reset object debug"

If that works please let me know otherwise you may just have to try bulldoze the lot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this helped Standard smile

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would appreciate XP Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (3,280 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@OrignVast

I think you are right,
Someone saved this house to the library when he was playing detectives career and house had been saved together with interaction glued to this. Interactions can be glued to the plot the same as to the object. For example, these two special plots in Windenburg to which the interaction of the event is glued.
I suspect that when you save such a plot during an event using MCC or code and convert it into a home you will have a home full of guests and the event will never end.
Of course, a possible solution you have gave will not work. If the interaction is attached to the object - for example, to the table - here to the plot, resetting the table in the game will not detach it from the table. This house should be removed from the Gallery because it can't be repaired.
Message 3 of 12 (3,270 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@kreatora 

Yea the creator shouldn't have the house on the gallery.

Even if you were to bulldoze the lot the same thing would happen again.

Message 4 of 12 (3,266 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@cardiffgiant02

Could you give me the link to this house in Gallery on-line?
If you will not able to do it, give me the name of this house in the Gallery and its creator nickname.
One Hero would like to test it in the game.

Message 5 of 12 (3,256 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, thanks for trying to help!

So, the lot is called "Professor's House" and the creator is Simlicy (sorry I don't know how to get the link). In her YouTube speed build video she did mention that she play-tested it before uploading it to the gallery to ensure everything worked but she didn't mention anything about a crime happening so I'm not sure. She's pretty legit though, I don't think she'd upload the house if something was wrong with it? And no doubt somebody would have told her of the problem by now and she would take it down and re-upload I would think.... It has over 5000 downloads.

Anyway, I tried the "Reset Object (debug)" on the Witness sims but it seems to have made it worse! lol. Not only can I still not ask them to leave, but now it thinks this Young Adult is a toddler! lol. See screen shot below, she now has the "Toddler Needs" option. Also, I noticed the "Remove From Family" option became available after I reset them so I shift+clicked on one of the sims and clicked "remove from family" thinking maybe that would make her leave, but you know how when you select to interact with a sim the little bubble will appear in the bottom left corner and show the face of the sim you're interacting with, well, when I shift+clicked on this Young Adult lady and said "remove from family" the bubble came up with the picture of my newly adopted son's face! lol. How rude, I'm trying to toss him out of the family already. So I canceled that interaction just in case. 

Here are a couple screen shots. 1 so you can see how the toddler care function is now available on this Young Adult sim after I reset her, and 1 just showing you that it says Witness above her head. 

Message 6 of 12 (3,240 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@cardiffgiant02 

yes or the reset object debug thing actually won’t work I realized 

but don’t worry about the toddler care thing that come up on every sim it’s weird

and removing from the family probably bugged your game 

Message 7 of 12 (3,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@cardiffgiant02 

It looks like your save is bugged. Save this lot to the library. After this still, in building mode, you need to use the "delete house" tool. Then rename this empty lot no matter what the new name will be.
Move your family to another empty lot - the same size - and download saved house.
This lot, when tested, didn't have any errors.

Edited: Forgot to add that you need to fix the game in Origin.

Origin/My games library - right-click on TS4 - option: repair game.

You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Message 8 of 12 (3,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sorry how do I save the lot to my library? And will it keep my personal “inventory” items that I placed on the lot once I moved in? See my one family member is a gardener and he has a lot of very good plants (including FIVE money trees that make us lots of money!!! lol) that I don’t want to lose by moving. Or should I move all my personal items back into my inventory before deleting the house?

thank you for all your help btw!

Message 9 of 12 (3,188 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@cardiffgiant02 

You can save your lot to the library by going into build mode and click on the folder icon look in the image below and then select save lot.

I would recommend taking out your personal items but everything else that you have built will be saved.

Hope this helped Standard smile

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would appreciate XP Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (3,173 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help