Re: more ideas for sims 4

by AndyZhang2896

Original Post

more ideas for sims 4

★ Novice

I have some ideas for the sims 4;

- buy your own dokters clinic (like vet clinic)  So you can have your own doctor practice! 

- university 

- people in a weelchair and more realistic diseases; 

-Religion

- create your own worlds

- farming 

- realistic labors,  more eye colours, more animals,  cars, motor, 

Message 1 of 29 (999 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Regarding realistic labors. These can last for many hours. Are you absolutely sure you would want to use several hours of game play with your sim in a bed where nothing (that can be seen) happens?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 29 (984 Views)

Champion

@Deborah21081987, I agree with @jpkarlsen  about realistic labor!  It is a long process, and very messy and painful. ShockedDevil It isn't pleasant, which is why they call it labor!  Raised eyebrow The Sims is supposed to be a lighthearted game.  That is why they did Sim labor in the way that it is in the game. 

As for wheelchairs, one of the Sim Gurus has mentioned considering this and other disabilities.  But there are many pitfalls with this subject in a game like TS4.  First, they would have to completely make new meshes and animations for each age group, except for babies.  Many existing buildings in the game (and ones other have uploaded to the Gallery) would not be accessible as they are right now.Devil  EA would have to put in a ton of work to make this even close to working. But then there are other disabilities that people also would want in the game.  People have mentioned everything from wheelchairs, crutches, blindness, deafness, asthma, epilepsy, missing limbs, cerebral palsy, conjoined twins, and much more! Raised eyebrow No matter how many of these conditions EA puts in the game, someone will feel left out! DevilSo while they would be trying to be more inclusive, they would end up being exclusive.  And then there is the fact that while many people would like these conditions to be in the game, many people with these conditions do not want it in the game because they play the game to escape from these real-life difficulties.Disappointed  If EA were ever to have disabilities in the game, then they would have to do it with a lot of respect, and it would be best to incorporate this into a new game , perhaps The Sims 5 (if they make that) or in a separate game that is like the Sims but deals with these issues. Standard smile

As for Religion, this would probably create a lot of problems, because, again, there are too many religions to include them all.  Also, all religions should be treated with respect, and this is extremely difficult to do in a lighthearted game.  Raised eyebrow Also this could cause fighting in the forums about religion, and I don't' think anybody wants that! Disappointed

As for Create your own worlds, that would be a lot of fun! Party hat I know a lot of people would love this! 

As for cars, there isn't much need for them in a world that isn't an open world like TS3 was.  They could do it like they did for TS2 (which was a completely closed world) but there really wouldn't' be any driving, just Sims getting in and out of cars and pulling out of their driveways before disappearing into a loading screen.  Most people would want to actually see your Sims drive to each location.  Raised eyebrow  Besides, some worlds like Forgotten Hollow (from the Vampires GP) don't' really have any worlds, so cars wouldn't work there unless they totally redid that town.Frown  So, without an open world, there isn't much use for cars.  And TS4 was built on a totally different engine than TS3 was. EA has said they would remake TS4 to have an open world.  The reason that they didn't make TS4 with an open world is because the open world in TS3 would cause incredible lagging, even on the best computers -- and on many computers the game would grind to a halt! Teeth bared I don't' want to wait 20 or more minutes for the game to load and then have the game be almost unplayable like it was in TS3.Disappointed  If they could find a way to make an open world that would work on most computers, then that would be different , but for that to happen, it would have to be in TS5, if they are going to make that! 

I would love more eyecolors!  Heart

I would also love more animals and farming! :eahigh_file: I don't' know if they will do this, but a lot of people want farming in the game.  It would be something new and would work nicely with a lot of the packs we already have! Party hat

Finally, it is possible that they are planning, or even creating University while we speak! Standard smile I have no confirmation on this, just speculation.  However, it is the most requested pack that we haven't' gotten yet, and University has existed in both TS2 and TS3!  So there is a good chance we could get this!  I hope it is more like the TS2 version because that one was extremely fun! Heart

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 29 (959 Views)

★ Guide

I ever posted this on another site, not sure it's official Sims 4 forum or not. But I hope the Sims 4 team/developer read this and put this into consideration.

First, I don't own all of the packs yet. So I'm sorry if what I expect is already available and sorry if there's any grammar error.

•Object Items
*Plumeria/Frangipani tree: I love this tree. I've seen it a lot in a contemporary, luxurious house and I'd like to have it
*Functional vehicles
*Ceiling shower
*Hanging chair
*Swimming pool jump board
*Ladder
*Full-height wardrobe

•Build Mode
*Spiral stair, U-shaped stair, L-shaped stair, or even custom stair if possible.
*Ceiling "tiles": I'd like to have some wood material on the ceiling. It adds some warm and not bland as plain white.
*Full-height, borderless glass window
*Infinity swimming pool

*Full-height, simple modern door with a thin frame.

•Lot Assignment
*Hotel or Resort: This one is very great, especially on the new Island Living packs. Many people wanted to see this too, as you can see in the comment section of LGR's Island Living Review.

•Gameplay

*Ability to set shift for restaurant, vet clinic, etc. It's not fun to manually open and close the store.

*Ability to manually set lifespan, or at least, make the current Long Lifespan shorter. Because what we see now, Normal Lifespan (81+ days) is too short while Long Lifespan (324+ days) is too long. We need something in-between.

*Able to own more than one house in a household.

*Ability to transfer money to other played households. For examples, if I move out one of the sims to a new household, I can adjust how much money he/she has to start a new life, instead of a fixed amount of $20000. Also, if a sims move out, the main household fund will be decreased by $20000 (default) or as much as the amount we transferred to the new household. What happens now is the main household fund stay the same, unchanged while the new household gets $20000 out of nowhere. This is unrealistic and can be exploited without using cheats, by split and merge household repeatedly. I know I can manually adjust each household funds using cheat but I hope this can be done without using cheats. I also think it won't be a hard job for The Sims 4 Team because we already have the Venue Transfer Funds option.

I know some of these requests are too much though. But hope this can be ideas for the upcoming patch. Thank you!

Message 4 of 29 (930 Views)

★ Guide

@PugLove888 

I'd like to see sims have some illness, doesn't need to be any specific illness in real life though. Just some simple illness and make the sims unable to go outside, unable to perform certain actions, etc.

As for Religion, I don't think they need to include real-life religion. The Sims 4 Team can create a fictional religion that only exists in The Sims world (for examples, Yoba the ancient guardian deity in Stardew Valley games). By this way, The Sims 4 Team can avoid any problem and no one will fight or argue in the forum since the religion is fictional and unspecific. I'd like to see Religious and Atheist traits.

Create Your Own World seems fun to me. But I don't know how much work needed to make that happen.

I wished to see cars, but then I realize the world isn't open like The Sims 3. We won't be able to see sims driving around. But nevermind, I still expect to have real cars (not a toy cars, scaled bigger and then put on the lots) in the Buy Mode.

More color is always a big YES!

I've seen many ask for Farming Packs. Hope this happens, it will be fun to see close-to-nature gameplay.

I think they already working on this. I can't go to the Youtube comment section without reading a comment requesting University packs.

Message 5 of 29 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been interest in sims for a while. I recently heard of Memories that were in the Sims 2. I never played the Sims 2, but I heard that there was a Memory System and I was wondering if that could be implemented into Sims 4 as a patch?

Like, the paragraphs that show up in the notification box when a sim has an achievement (such as a promotion or a new baby) or a downfall (such as a divorce, a child being taken away, or someone important dying) in the notification itself there could be a "add to memories" button (kinda like the button that leads you to go the a festival in Sims 4 City Living) and that paragraph of information (along with a picture of the player's choice?) could be in a memory book located in the family bio on the manage worlds screen? I think this would be a cool expansion for simmers and….maybe could add some stories to the townies? Maybe it could be an optional thing to have the new Memory System switched on or off in Gameplay options for people like me that want nothing but to be the complete God of the virtual world? I don’t know, I’m just a gamer. But, I really think this could add something cool and innovative to the Sims 4.

Message 6 of 29 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AndyZhang2896, I'm guessing that either you don't have the Get to Work EP, or that the illnesses in that pack aren't challenging enough for you.  The Original Poster wanted handicaps and diseases, though, not illnesses.  But you are correct in that our current illnesses don't really restrict you from doing anything (you still can go to work or school) unless you have too many other negative moodlets. 

I do like your idea for a vague made-up religion, so nobody gets offended. Standard smile  Perhaps this is what the OP @Deborah21081987 had in mind, but she hasn't replied back, and I just assumed she meant  real religions. Thinking

I do wish they would have the Creat A World since so many people want more worlds in their game. We had that in TS3, and I thought it was hard to use. I'm sure if I had instruction I would have liked it better.Embarrassed  But I know a great many people loved it! :eahigh_file:

I wouldn't mind nicer looking cars for our driveways.  I'm just afraid that even with non-functional cars most people would be really angry.  Disappointed  You and I would be satisfied, but Twitter would go haywire with outrage that the cars were non-functional! Raised eyebrow  TS2 had cars that our Sims would get in and pull in and out of the driveway. The car would then disappear and you'd get a loading screen and show up wherever you selected to travel to.   I think you could also woohoo in them.  I know you could fix them up and resell them ! They had that aspect in TS3 as well! In TS3 the cars would travel through the world , but the Sims would teleport into and out of the cars!  It was kind of weird! Large smile

Well, they might be working on a Farming pack.. I really hope they plan on doing one! But just because people are talking about it in the YouTube comment section doesn't mean that EA is planning on doing it.  People are also talking about how they wish they would bring back open worlds,. cars, the CASt color/pattern wheel, babies that aren't objects, pre-teens, etc., but most of those will never be brought into TS4.  However, there is always a chance that EA will hear and see these requests , and what they can't do in TS4, they might put into TS5, if they make a TS5! Fingers crossedParty hat

Finally, one of the Sim Gurus Tweeted a teaser that we might  be getting a new staircase type! (Most likely spiral). :eahigh_file: This was asked because spiral stairs seem like they would go great with a Magic pack, which we are getting in a few weeks with The Realm of Magic Game Pack! 

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRomeo/status/1163839694259384320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembe...

@MsSamLStory, The Sims 2 is my favorite version of the Sims!!! Heart  It was fantastic for stroytellers  and had phenomenal gameplay!Party hat Each Sim would collect both good and bad memories and you would have memory markers in their information panels that you could reference.  You could also compile your pictures from your game and put it on your Sim page and make like a story book for others to read!  I had so much fun with this!  The gameplay also focused more on events and would have these cutscenes for things like a first kiss or a baby being born! :eahigh_file:

But, even if they were to add a feature like this, I don't think it would be anywhere near as good as the TS2 gaming experience was. But since you never played TS2, you would have noting to compare it to! Angel  I think this would be a step in the right direction.Party hat However, since many of us have been playing TS4 since it came out 5 years ago, I'd rather them have done this sooner as many of our most played families wont' be able to have their memories recorded. Devil Still, I would enjoy something like this. Heart

Finally, I don't think it is a good idea to encourage people to "spam" EA with suggestions.  It is better to discuss suggestions  within the community (but don't spam the community either) and then post the suggestions either here  (like you did), or on the official TS4 Forums : https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see...

Wink

Message 7 of 29 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PugLove888 Didn’t mean for that to be taken too seriously, though I do get anxious and obsessed over ideas and start sharing them at impulse. Which...I guess is spamming even when it’s not done in the exact same place, soz. Should I remove it before someone really does that?

Message 8 of 29 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @MsSamLStory I realize Mods are not for 'everyone' but just thought I'd mention, that the mod MCCC allows for what you're mentioning, (stories) mods, if kept up to date for your game (and you may only need a few) are not difficult to maintain, the MCCC, for example, is kept up to date, and here are some tips on maintaining your game with mods and cc, if you do choose to use a few of them. Zerbu also has something called 'Experiences' that I used to use.

@Deborah21081987 There's also:

• A Private Practice Mod, (also has a current update) by SimRealist
  • There are also various mods/cc for farming available, like fruit/veg stalls, by Alex Croft @ ModTheSims (functional Grocery Sets) and at TSR soloriya makes a lot of amazing Rustic Style food/produce stands and items. Also, farm animals (static) I think, but are available to 'sell' and made by Kawaiistacie. ('my first Animal Farm')
  • A Get to College mod, and a Go to School mod (they are not compatible together though, if you choose one, stick to just one)

Hope this helps a bit, and

Sasha

Big fan of Mods and cc, there are some awesome artists out there, making wonderful ways to customize your Sims 4 Game!

I have no connection to EA

Message 9 of 29 (875 Views)

Champion

@MsSamLStory, I'm glad you didn't mean to suggest spamming in a bad way!  You could always change your post to encourage people to just make a suggestion to EA. Angel Even if you didn't really mean for people to spam EA or others, some people could take it the wrong way, and nobody would want that to happen! Disappointed

But I'm glad you are so excited about the Sims! Party hat 

Message 10 of 29 (864 Views)