island living

by ndejesus19

Original Post

island living

★ Apprentice

I have sims 4 on console and I recently got Island Living. I noticed pieces of a painting on the wall near the cave ,I didn’t think anything of it until after a couple times going into the cave that I realized the painting is starting to fill in . Is this a secret challenge, what do I unlock or is it a glitch.  Plus can someone tell me what are all the cabanas on the island that I can’t get in ,how do I get into the plane crash site and what am I doing wrong cuz I have yet to successfully call a mermaid.

Message 1 of 14 (985 Views)

Re: island living

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ndejesus19, I believe that cave painting is graffiti that your Sim can clean up if they want to improve the ecosystem .  This is especially important if your Sim is in the Conservationist career. 

I think the cabanas that you can't enter are just decoration. 

The plane crash site is in the Strangerville GP.Oops I think you mean the ship wreck site in Island Living. Wink That site is a lot you can live on and the shipwreck hides an underground "house", but the lot has not running water or electricity as it is Off the Grid!  Quite a challenge to live on! Raised eyebrow You can access it just like any other lot or home. Standard smile

I have not called a mermaid yet either.  But I have seen them walking or swimming around. There are 3 that you can meet that are in every game, 2 women and 1 man. Here are pictures of each:

Spoiler
06-22-19_6-07-57 AM.png

06-25-19_11-41-32 PM.png

09-15-19_8-12-55 AM.png

Any other Merfolk are ones you put in the game.  I hope this is of some help! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 14 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Thank you very much and yes it did
Message 3 of 14 (954 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 You know the middle one, Iona? I just know they modeled her after the mermaid Ryn from the show Siren...
Message 4 of 14 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps, thanks for the info! Standard smile I don't watch Sirens (but I have see ads for the show) so , no, I didn't not know that Iona was modeled after one of them! Cool  When I first saw Iona she was intriguing to  me.  I suspected she might be a Mermaid because of this.  The lady on the top was shown to be a Mermaid in the trailer, but the man in the bottom pic was befriended by my entire family of Sims, and I had no clue he was a Merman! Large smile  I finally figured it out, but it took a while. :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 14 (929 Views)

Champion

@ndejesus19, I've also heard that the graffiti at the opening of the cave gets more complete each time you go in the cave, and that there might be a treasure if the graffiti picture is ever complete.  Raised eyebrow

Message 6 of 14 (916 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 I’ll let you know I have a quarter of the picture done already. It shows pieces of what I think is swirls for the ocean,circles for air ,what looks like a sea serpent and I’m going with the kraken. After all the stories behind the treasures you find I think the picture is the story behind the ship wreck but I could be wrong.
Message 7 of 14 (905 Views)

Champion

@ndejesus19, that is a good theory! :eahigh_file:  Please update us when it is complete! Angel...( I'm too busy exploring Realm of Magic right now Large smile)

Message 8 of 14 (903 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Well, I don't know if they did model Iona after Ryn, but it does look suspiciously like her, plus it just re-inforces it that Ryn is also a mermaid.
Message 9 of 14 (875 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ndejesus19 I'm not sure it can be completed. It stops filling in after a while. I've never heard of anyone actually completing it.
Message 10 of 14 (874 Views)