get famous

by ugly_sims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

get famous

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a small question about get famous. Cam you gain fame through get to work careers? The thing is that I have a sim that was a scientist and I wanted to test out the new expansion (get famous) with this sim. I played with her for a few days and at the end of her shift there a was no text saying how much fame she had gained. So my question is, is it just that there is no text saying it or does she not gain fame through get to work career? Also, since I got get famous, I am unable to rotate my camera unless I go into camera mode, can someone help me on that as well..

Message 1 of 4 (994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: get famous

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ugly_sims
A scientist can also be famous. In every career you can win fame.  For the day you have worked, you will not get fame. You will gain fame only through promotion, At every promotion you get a star. But even an actor acquires fame very slowly as long as he does not act after work for tips, or does not play in public on any instrument, or does not sing. You must have a second hobby, for example, like painting, to gain a fame faster. In the actor's career also is the same principle - one promotion - one star.
As for the camera - try to change the camera setting in the game mode.
On the right on the top you will find the camera options.
I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (969 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ugly_sims
A scientist can also be famous. In every career you can win fame.  For the day you have worked, you will not get fame. You will gain fame only through promotion, At every promotion you get a star. But even an actor acquires fame very slowly as long as he does not act after work for tips, or does not play in public on any instrument, or does not sing. You must have a second hobby, for example, like painting, to gain a fame faster. In the actor's career also is the same principle - one promotion - one star.
As for the camera - try to change the camera setting in the game mode.
On the right on the top you will find the camera options.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (970 Views)

Champion (Retired)

To gain Fame faster buy a video drone and set it to stream while you do things that not by itself gains fame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I was actually surprised to find that my 'struggling actors were working hard, and my 'older'/more experienced sims were getting 'fame' for certain things they were already great at that they didn't get any 'credit' for before (max-skilled singers, writers, musicians, painters, for instance - not necessarily as a career but performing with a high skill level publicly or on video, or selling a great painting, as @kreatora mentioned). Kind-of fun to find that one out. Also, certain social interactions done on the phone, computer, and video machine thing help as well, as @jpkarlsen mentioned. More than you think. Some of the things build on each other, too.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (935 Views)