Re: drone footage in family invemtory

by jewelisgreat

Original Post

drone footage in family inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My Sim recorded a video with the drone and I clicked transfer to video station.  I later found a few videos in the household inventory.  I cannot do anything with the videos now.  I can only rename them but I can't edit them on the video station.  I can place the videos on the floor.  How do I edit the video on the machine?

Message 1 of 5 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jewelisgreat
Does this error only affect the transfer of videos from the drone? Is your recording station working properly?
If you have any mods move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file and fix game in Origin. If you don't have mods fix the game also.
Otherwise try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I am afraid, however, that even if this option starts to work correctly, nothing can be done with the old recordings.

It seems similar to the bug described here - but I think it is not the same

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Videos-from-drone-won-t-transfer-to-video-statio/m-...
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (1,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

Thank you for your quick quick response, it is very much appreciated! 

This error only affects the transfer of videos from the drone.  The video station is working correctly and I have no issue with it.

I don't have any mods in my game. 

I will try the fix game and see if that works.

Glad to have people around like you who are willing to lend a hand!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After my sim married Johnny Zest and moved into his house, the videos my sim had had in her video station inventory ended up in household inventory, and the only thing I can do with them are put them on the floor and rename. I have had no problem transferring videos from a drone.

I also lost the video station add-ons I had purchased prior to the move when I took the video station out of household inventory after the move.

Message 4 of 5 (499 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, this thread is quite old and will be locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you're still running into an issue and aren't able to find a more recent topic on the same subject, thanks!

Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (466 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help