Re: corrupted cc file is not in mods folder??

by kreatora

Original Post

corrupted cc file is not in mods folder??

★ Novice

Okay, so, every time I try to start up my game, I get an error message that says:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Users/Kenzie/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/._EtoilesBratsimsVoilesFaceStars.package

[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]

So, at first I went into my mods folder to delete the package, but it isn't there. I have looked at every individual piece of CC in the mods folder, and even looked through the files in EVERY folder in the game. Nothing. 

Here is everything I've tried to do: 

-Repair the game

-Reinstall the game

-Restart my computer

-Remove all my cc from the mods folder

-Delete resource.cfg

-Download the cc again, then delete it after getting the error message 

I'm so confused, and I've searched the internet far and wide and NO ONE else seems to have ever had this problem. Absolutely no clue what's going on. 

Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is in your mods folder. Ignore the long number it is part of the error message not the file name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (406 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, I'm aware. It's definitely not in my mods folder.

Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@blandpersona
Move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in game folder and fix game in Origin. Turn on the game - it will be create new mods folder. 
Now copy and paste yours CC to new mods folder. If you have a lot this CC maybe try 50/50 method . Check after each pasted set if your game can turn on. Do it until you find the culprit.

Message 4 of 4 (394 Views)