cats & dogs No Strays mod/cheat

by GaniVieira

Original Post

cats & dogs No Strays mod/cheat

★★ Novice

GUYS, for the sake of all that is holly, does anyone know the cheat code or have a mod to deactivate stray pets in the game? I seriously can't handle all the stray pets, specially when they are sick or crying for food! I run an animal shelter in real life and that is something that just triggers me and wounds me. I already have 8 pets at home (one of which I made when creating my family, seven others I rescued from the street) and it's killing me that I can't rescue any others. If I can, I'd like to live in a perfect world where no animal is without a home.

EA, please, take mercy on me here. I play this game to have a good time, not to be miserable and it makes me very miserable seeing all the strays Frown

Message 1 of 9 (4,269 Views)

Re: cats & dogs No Strays mod/cheat

Champion (Retired)

Most strays are on the Island in Brindleton Bay so just don't go there, there are a few elsewhere in Brindleton bay but they don't come begging for food and I have never seen a stray (in the game) being sick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (4,253 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @GaniVieira 

Can understand how you feel.. Frown A bit early for many pet mods, but the best I can suggest for now, is to go into edit - Manage Worlds, Unplayed Households and Delete or move them into a household. As you will see all households ('homeless') with and without pets also 'lone cats and dogs' ie: strays there.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 3 of 9 (4,238 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Very short term solution as the game would just generate more. Unless you reach the limit for total Sims/Pets in the world. (Default 80 as of latest patch)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (4,227 Views)

★★ Novice

Maybe you're lucky, but for me they are everywhere. I tried going into households I don't usually play and giving the strays homes, I did it for over 30 pets! But the game keeps generating more. And for me, if my sim is on the outside playing with her dog or walking it, pretty soon they start to show up and they are always meowing/barking desperately for food, the little empty bowl showing over their heads. And I have had 3 very unpleasant encounters with sick strays, one of which could barely stand and kept throwing up and fainting. Because of that, so far, sims 4 cats and dogs has being a horrifying experience.

Message 5 of 9 (4,164 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As I already wrote that would not help.

If you moved them into empty houses you actually made it worse for yourself as they are now in your neighborhood with no one to care for them. Plus you have those the game generates.

You have probably messed up so much now that you are better off starting a new savegame. If you are attached to your current Household save it to your Library then you can import them to a new game. If you do not befriend strays they are unlikely to come to you. In Brindleton Bay you will still see some especially on the island.

Message 6 of 9 (4,155 Views)

Hero

Hi  @GaniVieira

are you playing in Brindleton Bay or are you seeing strays generated in other worlds too ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (4,149 Views)

★★ Novice

of course I didn't move them into empty houses, I added them to various families in the game and went into the households and provided them with food bowls, beds, litter boxes, toys and everything. The ones that were adopted are now fine, my problem is that the games keeps generating more. Not as much as in the beginning, but still. Apparently I'm the chosen one, because from what I've seen other people have encountered very few strays. To me, there are lots of them. I have tried initiating a new game, but then it was back to five or six strays showing up near my home everyday.

Message 8 of 9 (4,136 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, my sims live in Brindleton Bay. I have not played in other neighborhoods after C&Ds came out, I wanted to try out the new one (which I love btw), so I don't know if this is a problem for other neighborhoods as well.

Message 9 of 9 (4,132 Views)