Re: building questions with pools - sims 4

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

building questions with pools - sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

can someone explain to me why this building error is displaying, and how i can solve them?

for the picture the error message is 'object must be on flat terrain'

Message 1 of 14 (7,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kingpeterking The pool diving platforms are pretty specific about the type of clearance they need both on the surface in the pool for proper placement and use. I have re-created the area in my game and even tried extending the deck in both directions. I even tried making the pool deeper by increasing its wall height. It gave the error "Object is intersecting the floor or the ceiling" when trying to place the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform.

It turns out after all of my testing and another helper as well we found something I overlooked checking on... I think that if you go to your build and go to the next floor up (to the 2nd floor) you will see that your 'deck'/platform area that you are trying to add the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform to has still got a ceiling above it. If it does, please use the sledgehammer tool and delete that ceiling, and your "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform will place properly.

ceiling.jpgplace.jpg

Edit.... per the comment(s) below. (Thank you, @Sashas0nic :eahigh_file:!) I have decided to re-add the workaround ideas I had posted at first (before I discovered the ceiling above in my re-creation.) If deleting the ceiling does not work for you in your game, you could try these alternative options:

Workarounds:
I was able to add the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform very easily in pool that has no foundation (see screenshot).
pool-no-foundation.jpg

I did find that if I added the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform with moo activated it was placeable in the area the way you wanted. My test was also able to properly use the platform also (sorry it's at night for them).
pool-with-moo.jpg

To use the Move Objects On (MOO) cheat: 

With your lot open in build mode, press Shift+Control+C to open the cheat console box (upper left of your screen)

Enter the following in the cheat code box (all three in this order and press enter after each one): 

testingcheats on (press enter)

bb.moveobjects on (press enter)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (7,010 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kingpeterking The pool diving platforms are pretty specific about the type of clearance they need both on the surface in the pool for proper placement and use. I have re-created the area in my game and even tried extending the deck in both directions. I even tried making the pool deeper by increasing its wall height. It gave the error "Object is intersecting the floor or the ceiling" when trying to place the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform.

It turns out after all of my testing and another helper as well we found something I overlooked checking on... I think that if you go to your build and go to the next floor up (to the 2nd floor) you will see that your 'deck'/platform area that you are trying to add the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform to has still got a ceiling above it. If it does, please use the sledgehammer tool and delete that ceiling, and your "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform will place properly.

ceiling.jpgplace.jpg

Edit.... per the comment(s) below. (Thank you, @Sashas0nic :eahigh_file:!) I have decided to re-add the workaround ideas I had posted at first (before I discovered the ceiling above in my re-creation.) If deleting the ceiling does not work for you in your game, you could try these alternative options:

Workarounds:
I was able to add the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform very easily in pool that has no foundation (see screenshot).
pool-no-foundation.jpg

I did find that if I added the "Jump And Splash 8000" diving platform with moo activated it was placeable in the area the way you wanted. My test was also able to properly use the platform also (sorry it's at night for them).
pool-with-moo.jpg

To use the Move Objects On (MOO) cheat: 

With your lot open in build mode, press Shift+Control+C to open the cheat console box (upper left of your screen)

Enter the following in the cheat code box (all three in this order and press enter after each one): 

testingcheats on (press enter)

bb.moveobjects on (press enter)

Message 2 of 14 (7,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR ok thank you!
Message 3 of 14 (7,002 Views)

Champion

@kingpeterking I have updated with my findings.... please see the post above. I will check with other helpers and let you know if this is a bug, a function intentionally not allowed, or if they know of another way to make it place properly. If I find out additional information I will let you know. 

Message 4 of 14 (6,995 Views)

Champion

@kingpeterking Sorry for any confusion but we did further testing. Please re-check the posting that I made with the instructions, and let us know if this was the issue. thank you!

Message 5 of 14 (6,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @kingpeterking 

I was also curious, (if you still get problems) and checked I could place it ok with bb.moveobjects on and had set up a similar scenario including the grid squares, and being close to the edge of a deck as pictured.

ctrl, shift, c (to turn the cheat console on), then bb.moveobjects on. thought you may be a fairly new sims fan(?)

Message 6 of 14 (6,962 Views)

Champion

@Sashas0nic  I also did that and found that I could place with moo and I tested it with my sim and they were able to use the item. But.... in this case it is much better  to  just delete the ceiling. (that is one of the workarounds that I had posted originally, but I removed that part). Thank you for mentioning that as a possible alternative. @kingpeterking She makes a good point... I did save the workarounds text that I removed from the post above. I found a couple of solutions that could be used, but I thought it would be confusing to add since I am assuming deleting the ceiling will work. I will go ahead and edit them back into the post as backup ideas in case it still didn't work. 

Message 7 of 14 (6,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

No problem, I could see no ceiling in the op's post/pic, was all and thought perhaps if they were a new sims player may be unaware of the cheat and was no mention if they'd tried that. Thumbs up

edit: Wow.. just saw the huge edit you made of your post.. Large smile including all the extra stuff, including moveobjects yw I guess - -.

Message 8 of 14 (6,954 Views)

Champion

@Sashas0nic I absolutely understand! It did not show up in my recreation either - unless you went to the 2nd floor level to look. And I didn't think to check for it, which I really kicked myself for afterward. Kreator was testing it further with me also (so we could see if we needed a bug post for this) and he could not reproduce the blocked placement issue, but I think he used a different method of creating his test area, so I went back in to see what may have been different and that's when I was embarrassed to realize that I had never checked the 2nd floor by going to the 2nd level - I just looked at the main floor since I was not dealing with a 2nd floor or roof. Anyway, there it was. Embarrassed 

Message 9 of 14 (6,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

At any rate, in the op's pic even in the reflection of the pool, I see no 2nd floor.

Edit: interesting that it worked, very long post Star was clearly the moo imo so, happy to have provided the solution in this case.

Message 10 of 14 (6,933 Views)