a nice forum to post?

by Player_qe38v2wp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

a nice forum to post?

★★ Apprentice

i just checked the official EA forum and by the time i am allowed to do any posts, most likely sims 5 will be taken out of the market by the sims 6.
wanna share my creations shoots, and ask for help, or help others to build like me.
a nice gift for anyone that takes the time to read and try to assist me:
Los Sims™ 4 8_1_2019 17_49_55.jpg

Message 1 of 8 (381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: a nice forum to post?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Find some topics where you do not need to write a lot: D
Although it is wise to write comments for other builders - as you set up your own theme, they will visit you too.
Although I prefer to write comments under good works in the Gallery and show my houses in the Gallery - not on the forum. I once showed works on the forum but I was soon bored. You must know that every creator is generally interested only in his own works. On the forum there is only one fantastic Rosemow and a lot of creators who are waiting for other people's comments. This is normal and it happens with all the artists. Simsy or the real world. In Gallery you know if your work was good or not. This is rated by the number of downloads, I know - I'm a cynic Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (344 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Player_qe38v2wp
Even if The Sims 5 is released, The Sims4 will not disappear from the market. The Sims3 also has not disappeared from the market and you can still buy it.
When it comes to building
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread#latest
is the best place to show your works.

Message 2 of 8 (370 Views)

★★ Apprentice
still for me a newbie player, wont let me post more than a link to my FB/TW/etc site where i can post freely... and it goes into text mode cannot post fully working URL's...
Message 3 of 8 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

.All you need to do is write 30 posts in order to post pictures there. In Gallery where you can upload your work you must mastered the art of getting nice pictures of your work also, at least the first one.

Message 4 of 8 (362 Views)

★★ Apprentice
still... need to do 30 posts... prefer to invest my time on the chaos godlike manor rather than making posts to break the forum grounds for posting...
Message 5 of 8 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Find some topics where you do not need to write a lot: D
Although it is wise to write comments for other builders - as you set up your own theme, they will visit you too.
Although I prefer to write comments under good works in the Gallery and show my houses in the Gallery - not on the forum. I once showed works on the forum but I was soon bored. You must know that every creator is generally interested only in his own works. On the forum there is only one fantastic Rosemow and a lot of creators who are waiting for other people's comments. This is normal and it happens with all the artists. Simsy or the real world. In Gallery you know if your work was good or not. This is rated by the number of downloads, I know - I'm a cynic Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kreatora wrote:

Rotfl... @kreatora , you made my day and made me laugh all by myself in the living room at the end of several sick days in a row... I needed that. Lol! And I absolutely love that you remembered to include accolades to our lovely Rosemow!! And I must say, I have found that both you and @PugLove888 are also very kind and encouraging - in the gallery and on the forums. I appreciate all three of you a great deal! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 8 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kreatora wrote:

.All you need to do is write 30 posts in order to post pictures there. In Gallery where you can upload your work you must mastered the art of getting nice pictures of your work also, at least the first one.

@Player_qe38v2wp wrote:
still... need to do 30 posts... prefer to invest my time on the chaos godlike manor rather than making posts to break the forum grounds for posting...

Hello there Standard smile

I know it can be daunting to hear there's criteria to tick off before getting all the permissions for members on 'forums.thesims.com'. We took player feedback on this and made a wee update in the criteria new users need to meet before becoming a full fledged member. The criteria is now:

• Make 15 posts
  • Get 25 Points
  • Must be a New Member for 1 day

Unfortunately, there is a need to set criteria. We have set these in order to limit spammers from creating throwaway accounts and disrupting the community as they have done in the past. Hopefully the changes we've made to help new users get in faster and easier while still combating spam accounts is a balance that works for you and you can take part in threads and share your content with fellow Simmers Standard smile 

There is some advice in that announcement thread I've hyperlinked above in how to achieve these three steps in a fun and fast way. To get started, please check out the thread above for some suggestions on how you can do that. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (306 Views)