You wanted an alien spouse? Well...

by RavennaSanguine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

You wanted an alien spouse? Well...

★ Apprentice

Get ready to be abducted at least once every other night, or if you're really unlucky, every single night. it wouldn't be so bad if this didn't complete halt gameplay, or have the chance of apparently getting my sims pregnant (which is gross, pregnancy shouldn't forced onto your sims). I've tested this in two different saves and both sims who are in a relationship with an alien get abducted absolutely relentlessly and I can't stand it.

Message 1 of 12 (3,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You wanted an alien spouse? Well...

Champion

@RavennaSanguine, No one should be forced, but since the events take place off camera on a spaceship, I just assume the impregnation was consensual! Wink However, since your Sims in question are in relationships, this is a bit more problematic! Disappointed

If you have someone in your household enter into the Scientist career, then they can eventually make a satellite that you can use to prevent abductions!  Or, if you want to use a cheat, you can bring up the cheat box by pressing "CTRL+Shift+C" and then typing in the cheat box either one of 2 things (I can't remember which one):  

type either "bb.showhiddenobjects" and press "Enter". or if that doesn't work type "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" and press "Enter".  One of those should work (I think it is the bb.showhiddenobjects one, but I gave the other just in case!  From there, go into the electronics section and it should be under both the Misc. category and the Show All category.  It costs $500 dollars.  Once place click on it and choose the "Prevent Abductions" choice!  Standard smile

Hope this helps!  Please feel free to update if it works, (and if it does, click "Accept as Solution" so others can find it) , and if you have problems with it, please tell us so we can try to solve it! 

Happy Simming! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,712 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@RavennaSanguine, No one should be forced, but since the events take place off camera on a spaceship, I just assume the impregnation was consensual! Wink However, since your Sims in question are in relationships, this is a bit more problematic! Disappointed

If you have someone in your household enter into the Scientist career, then they can eventually make a satellite that you can use to prevent abductions!  Or, if you want to use a cheat, you can bring up the cheat box by pressing "CTRL+Shift+C" and then typing in the cheat box either one of 2 things (I can't remember which one):  

type either "bb.showhiddenobjects" and press "Enter". or if that doesn't work type "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" and press "Enter".  One of those should work (I think it is the bb.showhiddenobjects one, but I gave the other just in case!  From there, go into the electronics section and it should be under both the Misc. category and the Show All category.  It costs $500 dollars.  Once place click on it and choose the "Prevent Abductions" choice!  Standard smile

Hope this helps!  Please feel free to update if it works, (and if it does, click "Accept as Solution" so others can find it) , and if you have problems with it, please tell us so we can try to solve it! 

Happy Simming! Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (3,713 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! I was unaware of the satellite, so went ahead and grabbed myself that and I see that besides having the abduction prevention thing, I can also make the whole town pee themselves or dance lol

Nice

Message 3 of 12 (3,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RavennaSanguine, I'm so happy you found the satellite and that you are enjoying using it! :eahigh_file:  I think the cheat is best for your needs as you probably wouldn't want all your households to have a Sim in the Scientist career! Raised eyebrow  But if you do have a Sim join this career, they will get to make several cool items that can be upgraded to do more functions!  Nerd (And for those who want abductions to be more likely, or just want to meet Aliens, then the satellite is also handy!)  Thanks for updating us! Standard smile

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 12 (3,393 Views)

★ Apprentice

lol yeah, I did the "contact aliens" option just to see what would happen and got like 7 aliens visiting my house haha

Message 5 of 12 (3,384 Views)

Champion

@RavennaSanguine, LOL  yeah its kind of like having an Alien party!  Large smileParty hat:eahigh_file:  It is also a good way to get an Alien into your household with out making them in CAS, otherwise you have to look out for "Alien Night" at one of the local bars to meet Aliens easily (unless you are in the Scientist career.)  The object cloner is also a nice gadget to have around.Heart  You do have to upgrade it by either being in the Scientist career and attending work with your Sim, or by using the cheats and getting the robot 3D printer machine (I forget what it is actually called) and upgrading your satellite and object cloner from there.  You can also get a Sim ray gun which can freeze Sims and if you upgrade it you can control other Sims, transform objects and even alter the look of other Sims (I changed Nina Caliente's hair and eye color this way).Cool  Also one of these tools (I forget which) can even clone your Sim!  It's not an exact clone, (mine had different hair color and some different personality traits) but it was mostly the same!  Raised eyebrow

I'm glad you are enjoying your satellite! Party hat

Message 6 of 12 (3,377 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay I definitely need that stuff right now lol

I have my sim in the astronaut career but this is making me want to grab the scientist career o_o (altho the house bills are like 4000 simoleans a week atm >.>)

Message 7 of 12 (3,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RavennaSanguine, are you just playing one save game at the moment, or do you have multiple saves in The Sims 4?Wondering  If you are open to multiple saves, you can always create a new family, or download one from the Gallery, or play one that came with the game ... then when you want to save the game, don't click on "save" or it will overwrite your old game -- instead just click on "save as" (you can change the name of the save if you like) and now you have your old game and a new one. Standard smile Then with the new one, choose a Sim to enter the Scientist career!  In the Scientist career, you will have daily tasks to construct things using the robotic 3D printer machine I talked about in my previous post.  This is where you make satellites without using cheats, as well as the Sim ray gun and the object cloner (as well as other items); it is also where you upgrade these items.  But you start out making simpler objects.  but once you learn how to make an object cloner, you can clone rare minerals, plants, potions, or any object!  Sometimes the cloning fails and you get a block of "matter" LOL.  

Likewise, with the Sim ray gun, if you have too many apples or daisies, for example, in your inventory, you can drag the apple or daisy out into the world  and place it on the floor, and use the Sim ray gun to "transform" it.  That way an apple can become a chair, or book, or a rare mineral, etc.! 

Also, with the Scientist career, you can eventually create the Wormhole Generator that, when updated, will let you travel to the planet Sixam where you can meet a bunch of Aliens, and collect space rocks, plants, and even geodes, which you can send off to the Geology/mineralogy society to have cut to reveal their beautiful layers!  :eahigh_file:

Happy Simming! Heart

Message 8 of 12 (3,363 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh yeah, I have like 5 saves with this one particular sim of mine building different kinds of families. She has a vampire family that's spread out across the city, a tinier vampire family, a human/alien family and then this alien/vampire family lol

But yeah I'll probably jump on a new game and see what this science career is all about

Message 9 of 12 (3,351 Views)

Champion

@RavennaSanguine, I would love to hear your thoughts on the Scientist career, once you have played it for a bit! Heart Most days are similar, but some of the workdays have you focus on Alien visitors or a resource collection day.    Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 10 of 12 (3,324 Views)