Original Post

Accepted Solution

[XB1] Cannot Gather Impressions at all for Style Influencer Career

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get Together, City Living, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a career as a Style Influencer
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no options for gathering impressions from any of the methods of doing so.
What do you expect to see? The proper moodlet for gathering impressions when I do things that are supposed to gather impressions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried all the ways one is supposed to be able to gather impressions for the style influencer career, and I never get the option or see anything ever about impressions and my style board is useless.

Message 1 of 7 (25,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Gather Impressions at all for Style Influencer Career

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update: Okay, so I started a new game, and got the sketchpad like I had before, and now it's showing a greyed-out quick sketch impression option that unlocks at lvl 3 stylist. Thanks so much for your help. Standard smile I guess my save was borked or something. Thanks again.

I can discuss fashion and interview sims. I never get the moodlet no matter what I try though and when I click on the style board I can see all the options but they're grey. There is no take photo for impression option on the phone, nor is there any other mention of gathering impressions when I try the other suggested things. My stylist is only level 1. Does the option pop up later on or something like that?

(Posts merged by CM)

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (25,132 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@whatanicekitty Take pictures of multiple things to get impression from outfits on sims to things inside and outside until you get the impression moodlet, than you can use the style board.
Message 2 of 7 (25,244 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [XB1] Cannot Gather Impressions at all for Style Influencer Career

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@whatanicekitty 

To gather impressions using photographs, you have to use the phone. Using a regular camera won't work. Go to the Entertainment section on the phone and choose "Photograph Impression". It's not guaranteed that you'll gain an impression moodlet on the first photo, it usually takes a couple of times to get the impression. 

Once you have the Style Impression moodlet on your sim you can't get another impression or even see the option to gather an impression until you place it on the style board. The moodlet looks like 3 paint swatches:

Sims 4 style impression moodlet.png

Once you have the Impression Moodlet, the work at home task should say you've gathered 1 out of 2 impressions. You can't finish the task or get another impression until you get rid of the impression you have. Click on the style board and choose "Add Impression", that will remove the moodlet and add some swatches to your style board. (Otherwise, you will have to wait for the 4 hour to count down and the moodlet goes away before you can get another one)

There are other ways to gather impressions, unless the task specifically says to "photograph impressions" (you can hover over the task on a pc and see more information about what you need to do, not sure how to do that on a console). None of them is guaranteed to work the first time, you may have to do one or more a couple of times to get the impression. 

You can:

• "Quick Sketch Impressions" on the Digitalistic Sketchpad
  • Click on a Painting or Sculpture and "Assess Impression"
  •  "Browse Art" on a computer (Click on computer > Web > Browse Art)
  • Special Stylist Interactions with other sims. Look for "Discuss Fashion", "Compliment Style", "Criticize Style", "Ask _____ to Model Style", "Interview ___" 
  • Career Options on a computer (Click on computer > Career > "Record Style Guide", "Blog Style Guide", "Write Style Column")
  • "Photograph Impression" on your phone (Click on phone > Entertainment > "Photograph Impression")

It helps to be inspired to get the moodlet, and some of the options may require a certain level. I have the most consistent luck getting it the first time with the "Assess Impression" on a painting or sculpture that has the inspired mood. I usually just queue "View Inspired Work" then "Assess Impression" and almost always get the moodlet. You can't queue to add impression until you have an impression. Be sure to get rid of the first one before you try to do another one.

Please reply back and let us know if this works for you. Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 7 (25,197 Views)

Re: [XB1] Cannot Gather Impressions at all for Style Influencer Career

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Those options do not appear on my phone at all. Like I've said, I've tried and tried all the ways to gather them and I don't know why it's not working.

Tried that. Doesn't work. Like I said, I see no options to gather impressions using the phone, looking at art, or anything at all. It simply is not showing up.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 4 of 7 (25,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@whatanicekitty And you don't have the impressions moodlet on your sim? What happens when you click on the style board?

What level is your stylist? Are there any stylist options under the friendly interactions when you click on another sim? (like "discuss fashion")

Message 5 of 7 (25,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update: Okay, so I started a new game, and got the sketchpad like I had before, and now it's showing a greyed-out quick sketch impression option that unlocks at lvl 3 stylist. Thanks so much for your help. Standard smile I guess my save was borked or something. Thanks again.

I can discuss fashion and interview sims. I never get the moodlet no matter what I try though and when I click on the style board I can see all the options but they're grey. There is no take photo for impression option on the phone, nor is there any other mention of gathering impressions when I try the other suggested things. My stylist is only level 1. Does the option pop up later on or something like that?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 6 of 7 (25,133 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@whatanicekitty Glad you got it worked out. Happy Simming
Message 7 of 7 (25,120 Views)