Why won't my sims get married?

by MissAmazing903

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't my sims get married?

★★★★★ Novice

Two of my sims have both perfect friendly and romantic relationships, yet whenever one of them proposes to the other, they get rejected. It's been over a week and I still have no idea what to do to fix this issue. Is it something to do with gameplay, or is it some sort of glitch? Please help!

Message 1 of 11 (1,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why won't my sims get married?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MissAmazing903 

Other things that can increase your chances are special romantic situations like 'Love Day', a really romantic date, the Romance Festival, etc. Also, giving certain gifts that are romantic can help.

Just a thought... does one have a trait like 'soul mate' or 'romantic' or some type of trait that may increase difficulty for romance or create an exceptionally high expectation level for a romantic relationship? 

If the turn down is one-sided (one sim) and the relationship & romance are maxed, both are high in the green for all needs, and both are very flirty and the sim is still refusing, I would try going into the game through the hesitant sim and having them ask the other one.

Maybe if this couple is a bit difficult, once you get the 'yes' you may want to then elope right away and have it a done-deed.

Sorry for repeating some of the excellent comments by @jpkarlsenThinking

Also, even though in my games my sims never 'woo-hoo' before marriage, I have occasionally moved them into the same home since that makes it WAY easier to maintain the relationship and romance levels, and control both parties as needed to raise moods, needs, etc. If you have a full read on and control over both sims your job will be MUCH easier. Also, you don't have to give them a choice in the matter... just go to manage households and move the sim into the lot/household.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (1,030 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The Sim denying may have the Commitment issues trait. Make sure both are flirty at the time to have greater chance of success.

You can also ask the other Sim to move in (only requires enough friendship). You can then reverse who is asking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (1,075 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If neither of my sims have commitment issues, are there any other factors I may be unaware of that can contribute to the issue? Most of the time, even with a flirty mood, I still can't help but avoid rejection from either sim. The moving in is a good idea though, and thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (1,062 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Their current mood will also influence the result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MissAmazing903 

Other things that can increase your chances are special romantic situations like 'Love Day', a really romantic date, the Romance Festival, etc. Also, giving certain gifts that are romantic can help.

Just a thought... does one have a trait like 'soul mate' or 'romantic' or some type of trait that may increase difficulty for romance or create an exceptionally high expectation level for a romantic relationship? 

If the turn down is one-sided (one sim) and the relationship & romance are maxed, both are high in the green for all needs, and both are very flirty and the sim is still refusing, I would try going into the game through the hesitant sim and having them ask the other one.

Maybe if this couple is a bit difficult, once you get the 'yes' you may want to then elope right away and have it a done-deed.

Sorry for repeating some of the excellent comments by @jpkarlsenThinking

Also, even though in my games my sims never 'woo-hoo' before marriage, I have occasionally moved them into the same home since that makes it WAY easier to maintain the relationship and romance levels, and control both parties as needed to raise moods, needs, etc. If you have a full read on and control over both sims your job will be MUCH easier. Also, you don't have to give them a choice in the matter... just go to manage households and move the sim into the lot/household.

Message 5 of 11 (1,031 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I totally forgot that one of them had the soulmate aspiration! Thank you so much for reminding me! All of you guys have honestly been such a good help, and I send you all the thanks in the world. 😊 WHOO HOO!

Message 6 of 11 (1,017 Views)

Champion

@MissAmazing903 I'm so glad to hear it! Let us know how it goes! Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (1,011 Views)

★★ Novice

Another thing to look for is making sure that both sims are not in another relationship at the time of proposal. 

I ran into an issue at one point where my sim could not propose at all due to the fact to the fact it still showed he was in a relationship with what was his ex 😳 

So if you continue to have issues, be sure to check relationship panel as well! 

Message 8 of 11 (987 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm happy to say that all is well and the two sims are now happily married Standard smile Thanks again for everything!

Message 9 of 11 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the advice. I'm glad to say that I resolved the issue and my sims are now a married couple, but if this happens again I'm sure to reuse the tips I've gotten. Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 10 of 11 (940 Views)