by Dequan_Gambrell

Original Post

Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Your game is boring. The careers are basic and 2-dimensional. Why can't I be a teacher, a lawyer, an engineer? Why did you spend time making ridiculously stupid and unusable walk styles instead of, I don't know, a larger selection of personality traits than 3? I think this user summed it up well: interests pinball machines magazines family trees swingsets exterminator/BUGS? no more illnesses or sicknesses? (wtf) The abundance of public places KARMA POWERS?!?!??!?!?!!??!? zodiac signs NO CARS OR VEHICLES WTF not even one car for decor! no REPAIRMAN/repomen no babysitters! Have you seen a grocery store? i havent. no ghosts no full face makeup no favorite foods, colours, music no dreams no comfort need??? NO multi toned hair colours No colourwheel to change your clothing colour no BOOKSTORES? i dont wanna read the same 3 books. no shopping for clothes no aspiration failures No EYELASHES Hardly any empty lots No normal careers "Law, Medica, Buisness, etc'" THOSE ARE JUST SOME THINGS THAT WE LOST. but thats not even it!! The whole world is completely FLAT. there is absolutely no oelevation in this game, i can only paint terrain unnatural colours. Also, half the lots in this game, i cant even visit! What happened to visiting your sim at work, and movie theatres, and public locations, and VEHICLE TRAVEL? I have to walk everwhere? What about when im PREGNANT and i have to jog to the public places? Oh wait that doesnt happen because there is no place for a pregnant lady to hang out! There is only one bar, and a gym, and a park.... no book store? grocery store? how about all of that? NO HOSPITAL??? Oh yeah,. theres no need for one because MY SIM CANT GET SICK ANYMORE? absolutely no illnesses. not even one. what fun is that? Without sicknesses, repo-man, possible bug infestations, and disasters WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE GAME? I grow up, have a kid, pick from one of the few, overly specific jobs, and that is IT. I repeat the cycle! If i am a good person, i dont even get rewarded! BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE KARMA. no earthquakes, hardly ever any fires, and when my house DOES catch on fire, THERES NO **bleep** FIREMEN TO BLOW OUT THE FLAME. NO POLICE OFFICERS, NO NOTHING!!"
How is this making it more difficult? You have created a terribly boring game with poorly chosen and expensive-for-the-content expansions and "stuff packs."
How can we reproduce this experience? Don't. Burn it down, STOP. Take the notes from your disgruntled fans. Place less emphasis on 3d rendering and more on the f***ing content. Sims 1 was leagues better than your true-to-life simulation as boring and unsatisfying office job.

No hope.

Message 1 of 75 (19,288 Views)

Re: Why does the Sims 4 suck so much?

Champion

@Dequan_Gambrell, many of the things you want in the game actually are in the game if you bother to get the Expansion Packs!  So, The Sims 4 does have :

family trees

swing sets

illnesses

hospitals

bugs/rodents

ghosts

different elevations

way more than 3 books!!!

many empty lots in New Crest (that is all New Crest is!)

the ability to go to work with your Sims in 4 different careers (Police Detective, Doctor, Scientist, and Veterinarian) 

and even decorative cars (just enlarge the toy/model cars with keyboard commands)

Wink

And you don't have a Comfort Need anymore because this is taken care of with moodlets.  Get enough bad moodlets and your Sims will be uncomfortable, and you will need to find ways to fix their uncomfortable mood.  It isn't in the need panel, just in the mood panel! Cool

As for some of the other things you requested such as the color wheel (Create A STyle/CASt) that was left out because it ground many people's games to a halt! Shocked  What is the use of a tool (no matter how wonderful it is) if you can't play your game because of it.  Disappointed  The same goes for why they didn't make TS4 with an open world like they tried out in TS3.  Great in theory, but almost unworkable for a great many people in reality.  

If you prefer TS3, then you are free to play that to your heart's content!  Standard smile

Finally, it is against the rules here to type in all caps because it is viewed as shouting.  I understand your passion on this issue, but you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar! Wink

Happy Simming! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 75 (19,196 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Completely agree with PugLove! In my opinion sims 4 started off a little weak but it has only gotten better, way better. I think they are doing an amazing job with the expansions and occasional free content and UI updates. They are making sure this game is functional for everyone and they are focusing more on quality than quantity this time and these expansion packs they've been releasing have been amazing.

I highly suggest exploring the game more and trying different game play paths and experiences and you'll discover a lot of new things.

Also, If you are interested, there are many incredibly talented modders who add a lot of new game play to the game. Some of my favorites are LittleMsSam and KawaiiStacie. I highly recommenced modding, it makes the game a lot more interesting and personalized.
Message 3 of 75 (19,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I agree that Sims 4 suck and more people forget that there's hardly anything good about pool stuff. There's no waterslides, no beaches, no real looking diving boards, and no floaties either to lounge on. Hardly anything fun in sims 4. Sims 4 clothing is so ugly looking and can't change the color the way you want it. Black coloring sucks, it doesn't look black looks more greyish . I rather play Sims 3 but I hardly can't because of the error code 12 /saving problems  EA needs to re lease sims 3 without that stupid Error . Instead of making more lame sims games fix your problems on sims 3  Lots of people like Sims 3 but that stupid Saving Error NEEDS to get FIXED!! 

Message 4 of 75 (18,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You just do not know TS4 and you rate this game by comparing the TS4 base game to the entire TS3. I remember that in the TS3 base game there was not much there either.
For example: personally I prefer TS4 vampires  than those from TS3. Now my vampire does not have to know his victim or ask for permission to bite. Standard smile

Message 5 of 75 (18,986 Views)

Champion

@tazmaster197596, if you have a problem with an error in your TS3 game, then it would be best to go to the TS3 forums and address it there.  Wink

@kreatora, I totally agree that TS4 Vampires are better than TS3 Vampires! Heart  (For that matter, TS4 toddlers are better than TS3 toddlers as well!) I hope if they add any other supernatural Sims, that they do it in the manner that they created the Vampires! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 75 (18,950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

For the longest time I played the sims 3 base. It was never boring. There was a whole world to explore! When I play the sims 4 it gets boring super fast. It's always work eat sleep through the week and nothing to do when there's no work because you're restricted to a neighborhood unless you want to wait for a 3 minute loading screen just to visit a neighbor down the road or visit the park in the SAME town. Also the expansion packs arent even worth the price tag. They cut half the content in them, the price should get a 50% reduction as well. They sell more stuff packs than the expansions and that's because most of the stuff packs should've been included in those expansion packs and not on their own. Why not make one supernatural pack with magic and witches and vampires etc? I'll pay 40 for that. Why in the world is my first pet stuff separate from the pets expansion pack? The sims 4 is the worst game in the series because it has turned into a cash grab whereas in the other games the expansions packs were full and felt like the developers actually enjoyed creating them and not doing the bare minimum.

Message 7 of 75 (17,787 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sims 4 only focuses on looks. It has no depth or dificulty at all. It was fun in the beginning for a little while when everything was new but once you're used to it it just all feels extremely empty and lacking. My fave is still 2 but 3 was cool too. 

Can't wait for paralives 'cause ea just uses all of us as cash cows while providing basically nothing. Like look at stuff packs *cough* my first pet stuff *cough*. They steal from you and give you nothing. 
Ea works hard but modders and cc creators work harder.. oh wait. no. Ea doesn't work hard oof. Stop cutting them slack being like 'ooh but animation is hard that is hard this is hard ' and all of that. Sure it is but this is a multi-billion dollar company. If they actually wanted to create quality content, they could. And it's not like the community isn't screaming about what they all want.
But if at all EA will do all of it trying to make the most money out of it while doing the least work and providing as little as they can for as much as they can get from us. 

I had all the sims 1, 2 and 3 packs, I have many of 4 but I will not be buying any more. It's just nothing but a scam. :// I feel disappointed in every new pack. Especially when I look at what I paid for it. 

And let's just look at the basegame. I got that when it was just out. There is no content at all! I didn't touch it again after my first play until years later and many packs were out. 
EA's DLC culture is crazy. I wouldn't even consider just the basegame even a full game. EA is playing us all for clowns and I hope that they just get strong rivals soon. So that either - nobody will want their stuff anymore 'cause they're literally sucking us dry - or - they will NEED to try harder again (because otherwise case 1 would apply) 

I just think it's really sad tbh. And more and more companies choose to go down this route too. 
Been a long time sims fan my whole life but not anymore. :<

Message 8 of 75 (17,696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora yeah but also this time we had to buy a whole new pack for vampires and have to delete vlad feckin straud every damn time he uninvited breaks into your house to get some sucky sucky out of your sim every new game 'cause you can't even manually disable that anywhere.
And now don't tell me anything about 'they put it in a whole pack to buy because of the actual level system for vampires or anything/ more content'
Where is the rule that EA has to put the literal minimum into everything they do? They are honestly so lazy and greedy.
Message 9 of 75 (17,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@rename0654871 if you hate the game so much, just quit playing it instead of [Removed by CM] about it, it's that easy. By the looks of it, your bloodpressure will thank you.

A game is supposed to something fun, if you're not having fun (and by the sound of it, you aren't), then try another game.

About Vlad Straud, or whatever his name is in the English version of the game, he only visits my new sims the first couple of sim nights, I haven't seen him anymore after that, in none of my households. And he never once tried to suck blood from my sims when he was in their house. Maybe that's just me but I don't see why he would behave differently in my game. 

You could always play some challenges if you think the game is boring, there are many different types and you can always invent your own if you want.

Anyway, I doubt that being rude and insulting EA will make them magically change up the entire game. 

Message 10 of 75 (17,664 Views)