Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why can't I add a fountain under my front yard roof ?

by Tigerrun777

Original Post

Highlighted

Why can't I add a fountain under my front yard roof ?

★ Apprentice

I try to place a fountain square and it says blocks on adjacent levels must not touch. I have the b b. move objects cheat on and it wont let me draw one in connected to the statues.

Message 1 of 4 (120 Views)

Re: Why can't I add a fountain under my front yard roof ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Tigerrun777 I've tried a number of things and cannot reproduce the warning with the combination of items I tried. I tried the following. Please look at my list and at the screenshot and tell me what's different and what I need to tweak in my test to reproduce your factors:

• I enabled the " bb.moveobjects on " cheat, per your instructions.
  • I made a building and added a 'wall' fountain/structure on the right of this area, as it looked like this was in your build. 
  • I added the small statues and yard lights.
  • I added plants that actually overhung the area a bit think ing this may be more likely to trigger the issue.
  • I drew the fountain up to the line of lights and statues, and even up to the building.
  • I did not hunt down the exact plants you used.

I do have a few clarifying questions/statements:

• Am I remembering correctly that you're on console? Can I ask which?
  • Which packs do you have?
  • Is your game fully updated?
  • Can I ask which world/town and which lot you're building this on?
  • I may want to try the exact plants that you used. Were they all from build mode or were any of them from debug?

fountain 2.jpg

Thank you! I look forward to your feedback. 

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (92 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am on ps4 and my game is up to date, I am building this in Forgotten Hollow world and I used cheat bb. show hidden objects aswell as bb. move objects, bb. ignore gameplay unlocks entitlement all turned on, I was told to delete roof above me to make this work which I cant because I have a 3 story house with this fountain under the roof that is connected to my rooms above.

Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Tigerrun777 Thank you for the additional information. I have tried the following but still cannot reproduce the error. I tried the following:

• I enabled bb.moveobjects on.
  • I moved the lot to Avarice Acres in Forgotten Hollow.
  • I made the building 3 stories. I added roofing above the area and on the whole build.
  • I tried with just a room over the area, just a roof over the area, and both a roof and room over the area.
  • I also tried adding a room over the area on 2nd floor.

So... I am wondering if there is something in this case specific to the layout and items that I am not correctly reproducing. :

• Could you please add more screenshots that shot the top-down layout of each floor, the roof layout, plus a shot of the front of the entire building showing this area that has walls up on all floors and roof?
  • Is this a building you made entirely or is it a remodel of one that came in the world - and if so which one?
  • What lot is it built on in Forgotten Hollow? 
  • Is the lot designated residential?

I look forward to your additional information. Thank you so much! 

Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help