Why are those shares flagged?

by 13Vader

Original Post

Why are those shares flagged?

★★ Guide

I've just discovered today that some of my shares, in fact my most successful shares are flagged and disappear from the gallery when I check "Hide reported content" I mean, four of them are maxis favs!!! So why would they give me a fav and then flag it as reported content. Please help me understand what's going on. And please if there's people flagging without reason do something about that Devil

lots flagged copy.jpghouseholds flagged.jpgrooms flagged copy.jpg

Message 1 of 39 (1,316 Views)

Re: Why are those shares flagged?

Champion (Retired)

I have no problem seeing them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 39 (1,291 Views)

★★ Guide

I can see them too, because I never check the hide reported content. But, what I mean is that someone is giving fake flags to my shares (and other people shares). So we're being reported without reason.

Message 3 of 39 (1,287 Views)

Champion (Retired)

For help with that you will need to contact support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Choose The Sims 4 then "Report concerns or harassment".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 39 (1,265 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks for the info. Already done. Standard smile

Message 5 of 39 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@13Vader Is it possible that someone(s) does some flagging maliciously? There are some very competitive and not so nice folks out there that get pretty worked up about builds, etc. As @jpkarlsen suggested, definitely have it checked out by EA. That's just not right and people shouldn't get away with it. Hopefully they can track them down and stop them, if that's what happened.  Wondering

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 39 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you @SheriGR and @jpkarlsen

That's what they answered in the mail:

"Thank you for contacting EA help.

Dear gamer, I understand your concern regarding the missing content from gallery in Sims 4 & how frustrating it feels when such incidents happens.

There is no glitch as of now in the game. It seems that some one is specifically targeting you & report your achievements. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to retrieve the lost content as it is all in game algorithm.

The best I would suggest you is to look on who is reporting your achievements as tracking that person won't be possible from our end.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Thank you again for contacting EA help."

Helpful, right? How am I supposed to track who's targeting me? Raised eyebrow

Message 7 of 39 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@13Vader Whaaaaat?! I don't understand -- how could they not be able to see/do anything we can, and how do they not have a system/policy in place for identifying, targeting, and punishing those who behave maliciously in the gallery? Wow. I'm very disappointed and upset to find this out. Seems they need to overhaul the gallery again if their algorithm doesn't allow for this important aspect.

It takes many, many hours and so much tedious work to make and upload good builds. I've been working on developing this skill myself, to the extent that I have managed to so far - which I'm sure lame in comparison to many builders, but even so... It's incredible how much time it takes to make a solid, thoughtful and well-tested build or household. That's even an aside to the skill and knowledge base needed to make a great or creative build architecturally. I can understand how this would upset you since you have obviously created some awesome content with the download numbers you have, and yours is the type of situation for which such policies would be most relevant and important.

Wow. I'm sorry, and I would love to be updated on how this progresses, if you're willing.

Message 8 of 39 (1,213 Views)

★★ Guide

Ok @SheriGR I will keep you posted. Standard smile

Message 9 of 39 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@13Vader  Thank you!

As an aside... Personally, I'm not entirely sure as to the issue involved, but I think it may have been a few things I did incorrectly, but who knows... I'm amazed at how many times I have had to re-upload some of my builds and households to the gallery, losing all of my favs/comments/download counts on the individual builds. Currently I have 4482 downloads, but I only have 302 downloads currently on what I think is my most popular item(?)... that's how much tracking of their downloads I lost in the process. I'd really hate to think anything malicious was involved in the builds ceasing showing up on both user or tag/name search, but at this point I'm chalking it up to my inexperience with the gallery dynamics. 

Message 10 of 39 (1,194 Views)