Which expansion do you reccomend for somebody who likes to build?

by thesimster96

Original Post

Which expansion do you reccomend for somebody who likes to build?

★★ Novice

I've been looking through the expansions and I really want something that has a lot of good build items. This will also be my first expansion pack so I would like something good to start off with.

Message 1 of 7 (584 Views)

Re: Which expansion do you reccomend for somebody who likes to build?

@thesimster96  It sounds like you're playing Sims 4, but please let me know either way.  There's a Sims 4 general discussion and feedback section here, and that might be a good place to ask longtime players what they think.  If you want, I can move this thread over there for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (571 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I am playing the sims 4. This is my first post so sorry if it is in the wrong place! If you could move it to the right thread that would be amazing! Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (566 Views)

@thesimster96  Don't worry about where you posted; this is why threads can be moved.  Here's the general discussion section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@thesimster96, it really depends on what style of building you prefer. What one person likes, another might not. However, in general , I've heard a lot of builders really like Get Together because of the Tudor style of building items.Party hat  I think it also has the most amount of structural items like doors, windows, wall and floor patterns, fences, etc.  Some people also like Cats & Dogs for the Cape Cod style of buildings. There are also a good amount of structural items in this pack as well.  These are both Expansion Packs and also have some good gameplay, and I think the style in these packs are very nice!  Heart

My favorite styles of architecture that we have in the game are Victorian, Gothic, and Tudor.  Strangerville has some Victorian building items, and Vampires has Gothic building items.  But both of these are Game Packs , and while less expensive than Expansion Packs, they don't have as many items and have less gameplay.  Also the upcoming Realm of Magic should have some more Gothic or at least old-fashioned Build and Buy Mode items.  This is also a Game Pack and will be released next week on Sept. 10! 

If you prefer more modern items, there are some Stuff Packs you might like.  Both the Fitness SP and the Moschino SP have some modern Build/Buy Mode objects.  Not my favorite style but many people prefer modern items. Keep in mind that Stuff Packs are the smallest packs, and have very little gameplay, an have the least amount of Build/Buy Objects.  

I would probably stick to Expansion Packs and Game Packs though.  They probably have more of what you are looking for , at least in terms of amount of items.  Also, if you don't just want to build but also want to play in Live Mode at least some of the time, you might consider what pack's gameplay appeals to you!  For Gameplay, most people like Seasons (EP) .  Seasons has all sorts of holiday decorations to deck out your builds with, so even if you don't play Live Mode much, you still might find it worthwhile! :eahigh_file: 

If you want to take a peak at what items each pack offers, then you can start your game and on the Main Menu on the left, there will be little circles with icons of each pack (They should be grayed out if you don't have the pack yet.) If you are online, then you can click on each circle and it will take you to a page that shows every item in the pack! :eahigh_file: On the left tab will be CAS objects, but click on the right tab for the Build Mode objects.  It will only show you one color variation for each object, but you can at least get an idea of the items each pack will give you!  As you will be able to tell, Get Together and Cats & Dogs have the most building items, especially for structural purposes!  Other EPs like Get Famous have some nice items, but not as many structural (more chairs, beds, tables, clutter, lighting, etc. ) Angel

I hope this is of some help to you.  Whatever you don't get now, keep in mind for later (especially Christmas/Hanukkah, Birthdays, or other days you get presents! Party hat

Other people will also probably add to what I suggested! Wink  

Please update us on what you decide on and if you enjoy it! Heart 

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 7 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@thesimster96 Well, the packs you choose if you enjoy building may somewhat depend on the type of building that you want to do. If you are building for you, aim for packs with items (and functionality) that will make play more interesting, realistic, or functional, depending on what each pack offers. Refer to the great advice from @PugLove888 about offerings, and how to view the items in each pack. You can also consider when looking up this information what functionality comes with each pack. (Careers, new worlds, skills, etc.)

For instance, I would personally see seasons as very basic/nearly 'essential' for the functions it brings in, or at least to keep seasons dynamics in mind, if building anything for the gallery or for future use if you add seasons later to your game. In other words, unless you are building something for a tropical 'world', once you get Seasons you will need to alter your homes to be all-weather resistant. (As will someone downloading your home from the gallery if you share it and they have Seasons). Seasons also has some fun items if you like to garden or play realistically (celebrate holidays, deal with weather effects, etc.), plus some nice build items, and it adds the gardening careers (florist/botanist).

As far as build items if you are a 'realistic' player, and because I enjoy the 'homey' styles of many of their items, I am in love with a bunch of the build items in the Parenthood and Laundry Day packs. Parenthood has some seriously cute cabinets & build items. Laundry day adds laundry functionality (which I like better than I thought I would), and it has some build items I really love to combine with the Parenthood items. Personally, I also enjoy the build items in Get Together, as PugLove also mentioned.

Hard decisions are ahead for you, but it is a fun 'problem' to have! Enjoy choosing, and I would also love to hear back about what you decide on! :eahigh_file:

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Best build mode objects in Sims 4 expansion packs:

Get Together

Cats & Dogs

Seasons

Get Famous 

Island Living 

Message 7 of 7 (431 Views)