What's normal for a save file size, and how long are your load times?

by tacochickenwings

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What's normal for a save file size, and how long are your load times?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I'm just trying to gauge the norm for how big a TS4 save file should be, and how long most people's load times are between lots. I know a lot of things affect these from hardware, mods, age of the save file. number of sims, etc. But what is normal, and when should a player be concerned that their save file is too large, or if their load times are too long? I've had issues with save files bloating in the past and increasing load times between lots, and am trying to get more information about why this happens so I can prevent it in the future, so I just want to hear others' experiences.

Right now, my current save file is 7,726 kb and my load times are roughly around 20 seconds. My previous save was 13,100 kb or so, and load times had moved up to 30-40 seconds. I do have about 4.32 gb worth of custom content, which is a massive decrease from the amount I used to have, but testing the game with and without my mods doesn't seem to really impact load times and file sizes at all. 

Message 1 of 2 (2,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What's normal for a save file size, and how long are your load times?

Hero

I'd say that normal for long played games and tons if cc and maybe large houses with lots of furniture.

If it goes up to 50 MB, then that's big. Load times up to a min are also normal for those kind of saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,755 Views)

All Replies

Re: What's normal for a save file size, and how long are your load times?

Hero

I'd say that normal for long played games and tons if cc and maybe large houses with lots of furniture.

If it goes up to 50 MB, then that's big. Load times up to a min are also normal for those kind of saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (2,756 Views)