What happens when your alien sim and vampire sim have children

by LBonne24

Original Post

Re: What happens when your alien sim and vampire sim have children

Champion

@Behappy1st, I thought that might be his career.  I have a Sim in that career that is either at the top of it or near there .  I will have to check and see what kind of results I get.  I don't have too many Sims at the top levels of their careers, but my understanding is that even when they are at the top, they should still be able to get a raise (since technically they can't get a promotion Wink ).  It is possible that it could be bugged.  I will try and test it this week to see what I get. Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 41 of 80 (1,334 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, when a Sim is at the top of the career he will occasionally earn a raise or an extra vacation day. If I remember correctly this is based purely on how long the Sim has worked in the career.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 42 of 80 (1,320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes thats true. He is not the only sim that I have that reached the top of his career. And the raises seem never ending. No more promotions, but lots of raises. I gave up on his job, I had him quit. He has over $500,000. Money trees and dividends on money he has from the Fabulously Wealthy trait. And it was taking up to much time to go nowhere fast. Very annoying. Bottom line, if you reach the top of your carrier, keep going to get raises unless something happens like it did to me.

Message 43 of 80 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. So I had a vampire mom and a alien dad get a girl pregnant.They  gave birth to twins, the baby girl was a Alien and the baby boy was a Vampire. It was pretty lit. Now I'm having the alien daughter out of that have triplets with a vampire. 

Message 44 of 80 (1,258 Views)

Champion

@Behappy1st, yes your Sim is at the top so they can't get promotions anymore since there is noting to promote to.  Just like in real life if you own a company, you can't get a position any higher than that, but you can still increase the money you get if you do a good job running your company. Wink

@FlakymonsterThat is awesome that your Alien and Vampire Sims gave birth to a twin that is a Vampire and one that is an Alien! Cool  And now one of those twins is having triplets with a Vampire! Raised eyebrowLarge smile Please show us pictures, if you can! :eahigh_file: Thanks for sharing your story! 

So far my Vampire mom and Alien dad have given birth to 3 single babies:  2 Alien boys and 1 Vampire girl.  I moved them to a bigger house so they can have more children.  I will update y'all on my results as their story unfolds! Party hat

Message 45 of 80 (1,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Right now I’m ceirently trying to get my male vampire sim and my female alien to have a baby but all I get is woohoo not try for a baby plz help.

Message 46 of 80 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kinglly4044, a few questions:

1) What is the age of the female? Wondering  If she is an elder she won't be able to give birth.

2) How many Sims are in your household, including pets? Wondering  A household can only have 8 members.

2) Do you play with Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  Outdated Mods/CC will cause problems in your game.  You will need to temporarily remove your Mods Folder to test your game and see if that is the cause of the problem.

Please update us if any of these worked or not!  Best of luck! Standard smile

Message 47 of 80 (1,228 Views)

★★ Novice

My alien she’s a young adult, there are a total of 6 sims no pets, and I play on PS4 so no mods 

Message 48 of 80 (1,216 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Note that current pregnancies are also counted towards the limit so is anyone else in the household pregnant? remember males can get pregnant by Alien abduction or if it was changed in CAS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 49 of 80 (1,206 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen, thank for remembering that! I forgot! Embarrassed  

@Kinglly4044, is there any chance that another adult is pregnant in your household?Wondering  In your case it would probably be either 2 other Sims or one pregnant with twins for there to be no room in your household.Thinking

Ah! I didn't realize you were playing on a console, so no you certainly wouldn't have CC/Mods! Wink  You can always try visiting another lot with your Sims and then returning, or if that does'n't work you can try to move them out of the house and back into the house -- this sometimes fixes issues like this. Standard smile  But if that doesn't work and if what jpkarlsen and I mentioned above is not the case, then it could be a bug.  I play on a PC so I am not as familiar with all the problems the console version might have.  You can either check the Sims 4 Bug Reports forum or the Sims 4 Consoles Technical Issues:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

Best of luck!  Please feel free to update us! Wink

Message 50 of 80 (1,194 Views)