Re: Very poor that SIMS 4 on the PC cannot support the use of a PC games control

by CMeki

Original Post

Very poor that SIMS 4 on the PC cannot support the use of a PC games controller

★★★ Newbie

Very poor that SIMS 4 on the PC cannot support the use of a PC games controller

Can someone explain to me why I can use a games controller with SIMS 4 on an XBox or PS, but this feature is not available on a PC?

I have contacted support and they don't offer any useful solutions / reasons - they just say it's not available.

There are lots of other people who raise this issue - so I am clearly not the only one thinking this.

Please can I have a constructive answer from the developers?

Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: Very poor that SIMS 4 on the PC cannot support the use of a PC games control

Hero

Hi @CRM_AGM

moved this to general game info as it's not really a tech issue but a suggestion.

The devs aren't really on here so I doubt you'll get an answer from them but I can tag @EA_Mai to see if she can give you an answer on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CRM_AGM

Sorry, just a random gamer, not a developer. Also, the game developers do not work here, EA's community managers do.

But The Sims 4 for PC is now more than 3 years old, and the console version just came out. To make the PC-version work with a controller they would have to remake lots of things in the game no? Just like you cannot play The Sims 4 on PS4 with a keyboard and mouse.

Making the game available to play with different controllers is not just to check a button in the "game creator program", it's advanced and needs lots of work, and I don't think the demand for playing The Sims 4 with a controller is very big, as it's a game that typically is a lot easier to play with mouse and keyboard. If it was a racing game or something like that I would think that it might be a bigger thing for EA to prioritize though, and the demand would be greater.

Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)