Vampire home invasion makes me feel powerless

by KristenNMartin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Vampire home invasion makes me feel powerless

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm highly concerned and disgusted by The Sims 4 Vampires' ability to enter another Sims' home in the middle of the night, wake them from sleep, hypnotize them and perform life-altering actions without the Sims' or the game player's consent. I've never had an emotional reaction to a Sims scenario in this way, never felt so powerless. Why were the limited actions I could perform on behalf of my attacked Sims futile? Why is it OK to turn another Sim into a vampire without consent?

WITHOUT CONSENT.

It plays out like a home invasion with raping. It's so disturbing and I've never, ever been so disappointed with The Sims. I've been a dedicated player since the first game launched and this is the first time I've felt discouraged from opening my favorite game, my most beloved pastime and my escape from the disappointments of the real world. 

Message 1 of 16 (21,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vampire home invasion and raping attack

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hm. You can try either not saving or reverting to an older save. There's always a way to remove it too (with cheats or you can also cure them (not sure how atm, but it's possible)

EDIT: If they turn, it's def. a bug and you should report in the bug forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Also, you can use garlic to stop it from the attacks from happening.

@KristenNMartin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 16 (23,476 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @KristenNMartin

i've moved this to the game info forum as this isnt' really a tech issue.

Have your Sims actually become vampires ? That should not happen. The breaking in happens but they should not turn into vampires without you saying so. The vampires might drink from your Sims but not to the point where they turn.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (21,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you Crin,

It's been almost 2 game days since the attack and my character has been "uncomfortable" during that time, which is what happened to an earlier Sim that had been attacked at his home and he did become a Vampire, so I'm under the impression she will become a vampire. If there's a way to halt the complete conversion, I'd be very glad to know. I see there's a way to load saved games, but haven't had a chance to open her saved game yet to see if it will pick up at a point prior to her attack.

While I'd be relieved at a solution to this problem, my deeper concern is that this script for vampire attacks was written into the game at all.

Message 3 of 16 (21,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hm. You can try either not saving or reverting to an older save. There's always a way to remove it too (with cheats or you can also cure them (not sure how atm, but it's possible)

EDIT: If they turn, it's def. a bug and you should report in the bug forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Also, you can use garlic to stop it from the attacks from happening.

@KristenNMartin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (23,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

THANK YOU for your prompt advice and help in this matter. I admittedly used some harsh language in my initial forum post because I knew other people that felt like me would be searching for that terminology. But I regret its use in the headline.

Just circling back to commend the SIMS community for always being there with an answer, a fix, a mod, and support.

Message 5 of 16 (21,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @KristenNMartin

You seem to be ok with the workaround, I just thought I'd share the mod I use which is the Decrease Vampire Thirst (up to 0) mod. There is also another one for Thirst be Gone. I use it mainly because I wanted the Vampire Pack and all the 'stuff', but not that into Vampires as such.  edit: since links were removed, just search for them via ModTheSims.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Edit (crin): Removed mod links. Please do not link any third party mods/cc/programs in this forum as it's against the TOS. Just name them. (ok, thought they were auto removed if not allowed.. )

Message 6 of 16 (21,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the information, I might try that. I take it locking the doors won't keep vampires out?

Message 7 of 16 (20,967 Views)

Champion

@KristenNMartin, locking the doors will only keep out some Vampires, because others can have the ability to go through locked doors.  This will make more sense if you ever play a Vampire.  If you go into a Vampire's info panel you can find out Vampire level and if they have any abilities (or weaknesses).  As your Vampire levels up in power and Vampire lore, they can gain more abilities, such as being able to go through locked doors.  Weaknesses will compensate for these abilities.  I assume that Townie Vampires will have random abilities assigned to them.Thinking  Pre-made Vampires such as Count Vlad and the Vitore siblings already have assigned abilities, weaknesses, power and skill level.  But even with a Vampire that doesn't have the ability to go through locked doors, it is still best to have all doors locked before he or she appears on your lot! 

Garlic can be helpful, but some Vampires aren't affected by garlic (another ability).  But many are, so you can purchase garlic braids, garlands, and wreaths to ward them off.  They are best placed near doorways and/or near bedrooms (children can't be bit).  You can also harvest garlic (in the wild or through purchased seeds) and if you have enough skill in Vampire Lore, you can make your own garlic braids, garlands, & wreaths! Standard smile

Whatever you do, if you don't want Vampire visitors, make sure your lot does not have the "Vampire Nexus" trait! Shocked  Likewise, an added level of protection can be the "Private Dwelling" trait Secret ... it won't prevent a Vampire from visiting that I know of, but it should make it less likely Wink -- however, you won't get many of any type of visitors either! ShockedWink

I hope this is of some help to you!

Happy Simming! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 16 (20,953 Views)

Re: Vampire home invasion makes me feel powerless

★★ Novice
I tend to agree. Just started playing Sims 4 and I really don't like the scenario that someone can come into the house at night, and overtake the character. I wish there were some kind of opt-out, even with the pack.
Message 9 of 16 (20,543 Views)

Re: Vampire home invasion makes me feel powerless

★★★ Novice

yeah this is very disturbing and im surprised nobody in their develop team making any progressions to fix this issue. I wish I could refund the damn dlc just because of this little $#$@ what are you thinking maxis? first it was cheatin moms and now it's break in entry and molest your sim too?

Message 10 of 16 (17,536 Views)