Unable to access certain hidden objects.

by misterNYCmodel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to access certain hidden objects.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone!

Today's topic has everything to do with hidden objects and the frustration that comes with hunting down most of these items. When it comes to building in the Sims, I must say that I'm sort of a clutter fanatic. In other words, I enjoy incorporating little objects in most of my homes and restaurants; all of which serve their purpose and are all placed where they belong. Having said that, there's a such thing as truly HIDDEN objects, and these are the items where you have to type in a certain word in order for that particular object to appear. So far I have been able to snag a few of these treasures, such as a remote and a set of cool headphones! Yes, I was quite giddy upon finding these! Now all

I need to find are the extra piles of shirts that come with Laundry Day. I've punched in words like “clothes”, “shirt(s)” and even “laundry”, but no such luck was had. I presented a pic from a video below to show someone, anyone who may know the correct term used to find them.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (1,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to access certain hidden objects.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@misterNYCmodel Awwww.... you are so sweet! You made my day wit your kind words! Standard smile I'm very happy that you were able to find your folded clothes and am happy to help anytime! :eahigh_file:

Coffee cup If we were able to help …. awesome! That’s what we’re here for!
•  Accept As Solution – if a comment answered your question

•  Me Too – if you also have this problem
•  XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,637 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@misterNYCmodel Did you search 'debug'? https://youtu.be/MFaQgN4MG-A (it is in the first group - not the recent new hidden objects cheat items.) 

With your lot open in build mode, press Shift+Control+C to open the cheat console box (upper left of your screen)

Enter the following in the cheat code box (all three in this order and press enter after each one)

testingcheats on (press enter)

bb.showhiddenobjects (press enter)

then search for DEBUG under show all objects

The three shirt piles are almost at the bottom of the items (in my game about 16 rows from the bottom. They cost $50 each. You will need the laundry day pack for them to show up. (They are called 'Folded Clothing'.)

Message 2 of 4 (1,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HI, SHERI!

Wow! I'm so glad to hear from YOU! Ok, Sheri, so, the debug process is different on console. For example, when you type in “testingcheats true”, you have to follow up with “showhiddenobjects” (showliveobjects isn't relevant on console), and then you end with a quick click of “debug”, which is featured on the lower right side of the screen in drop menu. The fact that you're not able to simply type in “testingcheats true”, “showhiddenobjects” and “debug” and expect everything to show on the lower left side is absolutely frustrating! What's more, console users are granted access to 70 percent of what you have on PC. The remaining debug objects are only available if you're down for the endless hunt!

So a hunting it was! It all goes back to when I asked for one or two trigger words that would possibly bring up these items. I proceeded to type in the first 2 codes, and then I wasted no time with typing the word “Folded”...and voilà! Of course, I have you to thank, for it seems that I can never go wrong with your guidance! I think that whenever I need assistance, I'll just shout out: “Sheri, if you're out there, pleeease, heeelp meee lol!

Thanks a bunch, Sher! 

Message 3 of 4 (1,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@misterNYCmodel Awwww.... you are so sweet! You made my day wit your kind words! Standard smile I'm very happy that you were able to find your folded clothes and am happy to help anytime! :eahigh_file:

Coffee cup If we were able to help …. awesome! That’s what we’re here for!
•  Accept As Solution – if a comment answered your question

•  Me Too – if you also have this problem
•  XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

Message 4 of 4 (1,638 Views)