Re: Things that need to be added to the Sims 4

by Superduck1000

Original Post

Things that need to be added to the Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I feel like the Sims four has so much potential that there could be so much more added to this game like more delivery options for food and a decent babysitting service 

Message 1 of 5 (730 Views)

Champion

@Amarie2097 I agree. I also think that the babysitting system could use some love... And it would be fun to be able to order Chinese food, etc. Do you own the 'Dine Out' expansion? That one allows you to go out to eat at restaurants, order via menus, etc., or own and run a restaurant. If you get Vintage Glamor it includes the ability to hire a butler, and they can do some child care. Butlers are very imperfect in their coding and may drive you nuts a bit, but I still love having the choice to add one to certain households. Standard smile

Anyway, nice suggestions. Thanks for sharing!:eahigh_file:

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

• Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread or bug report has this button
  • XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (707 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Amarie2097 I agree, the sims 4 is by far the most aesthetically pleasing version of the game, with the best build/buy we have seen to date. However, because of this, is feels as though they have cut a lot of corners, I'm assuming some of it is time constraints but it is still very disappointing. One of my biggest issues is that there is hardly any attention paid to life stages that aren't young adult and adult. Babies aren't even registered as a sim, they are an object which is really disappointing and then there is nothing for toddlers and children to do. Then looking at elders, they are once again very much ignored, there are no skills or clothing options that means you can make an elder sim really anything more than a household slot user. There really is no focus on family gameplay which, as we have said countless times, is what we want more of. Another issue is that there is literally no challenge to the game, no actions have repercussions, as morbid as it sounds its so hard to kill them off, which has always been a fun part of the game for most simmers, we are a weird bunch. Ordering food only has one option, you have Chinese food, Indian food, Some form of fast food burgers, there's also some fundamentals that we are missing, firemen, burglars and police, illnesses actually affecting your sims. I used to be a massive fan of gameplay but now I primarily build and create sims, because even if you want gameplay there is hardly any progression, you need mods like mccc so you can see a progression of the generations. There is hardly any story line the sims themselves, basically have no relationships with people outside their household, even if it is stated otherwise. Little details that make the game more interesting and feel more life like just aren't there, there is as a whole throughout the sims packs a lack of attention to detail. It's small things that are really easy to fix because we can go into the game and do it ourselves, such as relationships between the sims. Another place this lack of attention to detail is blindingly obvious is in the pre made houses. It's not even the lack of objects, that is understandable they have to make the game playable for all pc types, it's the missing objects like baths, toilets, fridges and bins, the floorplans are ridiculous and seemingly random. These things clearly are not checked or are such a last-minute that they have no quality checks. I have a few more issues with the game but they are the main ones to be honest, I really feel like the sims 4 is just slowly going downhill and becoming a game you can't enjoy for hours on end anymore
Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Superduck1000, I still enjoy The Sims 4 for hours on end! Party hat  However, the best version of the Sims for gameplay was The Sims 2! Heart The gameplay was phenomenal, deep, and riveting! :eahigh_file:  And TS2 actually worked, unlike TS3, which had a lot of great ideas which amounted to nothing because many people's games would grind to a halt because TS3's open world was extremely taxing on most computers! Disappointed

Still, all versions of the Sims are fun and have their positive and negative points.  But TS2's gameplay never disappointed! Party hatHeart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (668 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I completely agree the sims 2 was phenomenal, it was just so fun and riveting, there wasn't really any lag issues that I can remember. Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (655 Views)