Things I dislike about Sims 4

by fozzybear1967

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Believe me, there are plenty of things to like about Sims 4 but there are also a few things I dislike.

1. I hate that they don't have vendors in public spaces like the park or a way to bring picnic food with you. A drink vendor would be awesome considering you can cook on BBQs without having to bring food with you. My sim just went into the public bathroom to get a drink. Ewe!!

2. I hate the constant annoying glitches. I changed two of my sims traits as an afterthought and now they still get moodlets from their old traits.

3. I wish that they had designed it so that you can actually see what is going on with infant sims instead of having to try and guess all the time.

4. I wish that Sims 4 came with the ability to have different weather instead of making it so you need to buy an expansion to do so.

Other than these things I really like it. Happy Simming

Message 1 of 3 (505 Views)

Re: Things I dislike about Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@fozzybear1967, (as a fan of the Muppets, I absolutely love your name! Heart )

There are some things that might help you

1) Do you have the Seasons EP?  If you have Seasons, drink and food stands will generate in parks that are big enough! The items sold will be seasonal, so in Fall and Winter you might get hot coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, or hot apple cider.  You will also be more likely to get hot foods like chowder (although a version of that dish came with Cat & Dogs, which i have, so I can't be sure that will be available to you if you don't have that pack, but even if it isn't an option, other hot foods will be available!)

In Spring and  Summer there are foods and cooling drinks available.  For example, right now in my game it is Spring and  there is a cupcake stand in all the parks that are big enough And these have drinks as well , which include iced coffee, Bee Cool Tea, Fruit Punch, and Soda.  Usually these stands are found by ice rinks and roller skating rinks.  I have found mine in the parks in Newcrest and in the big central park in Willow Creek, for example.  
10-29-19_12-47-46 AM.png10-29-19_1-36-09 AM.png

Also, you can make a picnic lunch of sorts, if you have the Parenting GP.  At home, click on a plate of food and there will be an option to make into a sack lunch.  When the Sim makes the sack lunch, put it in the inventories of the people you want to have a picnic, and then travel to the park or other location.  They won't eat on a blanket on the ground, but it is still an option for them. Standard smile  just make sure the food is pretty fresh when packing it and/or eat it fairly soon as it will eventually spoil, but should spoil at the same rate as any plate of food. 

2.) Yes there are a lot of bugs in the game. Frown They are working on a lot of them, and others they are testing or trying to get more information on them, becasue some of them you need the just the right combinations of things to make them occur, (which makes it very difficult to reproduce and therefore solve!).Disappointed   If you find a bug that really bothers you you can always check the Bug Reports section here at Answers HQ and see if you can find the same bug.  If you do then click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first poster's post and then add your expierience to the end of the thread , if you want to help .  If you can't find your bug, you can always make a new Bug Report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

3) While you can't see what is wrong with infant Sims there are a couple of ways to deal with this.  If they are crying and there's the option to "Change dirty diaper", then you know they need their diaper changed (a non-soiled one will just give the option to "Change Diaper" which won't do antything. )   For all other cases, I always do several interactions to cover all the bases: Feed, and then some social interactions , like Bounce, Cuddle, or Coo.  That will almost always take care of the cryng, although soon after they may have a dirty diaper, but not always!  I don't know if infants have a fun meter or if it is just a social meter, but I think of interactions like Bounce and Make Silly Faces as entertainment and social, and Coo, Rock, Cuddle, and Talk as just social (Be careful with Talk, though as if your Sims and baby aren't good enough friends yet, this will make their relationship go down a bit! Frown )  So feed you baby and then do a  few social interactions and the baby should be good! Angel

Also, if you have the Parenthood GP, then the higher your Sims get in the Parenting Skill, the better they will be at figuring out what their baby wants!  So when the baby crys you can click on it and there wil be an option with higher Parenting levels that will let you check on their needs, and you might find they only need to be fed, for example! Standard smile

4) I can't help you on this one as wheather has always been a seperate pack ever since whether and seasosn were introduced in The Sims 2! (Even in the Original Sims which did not have weather, we could make rain clouds to water our plants, but that was with the Makin' Magic pack, so it wasn't base game either)!  There are some people who think weather should be included in base game, but i am one of the few who disagrees! Oops Large smile  I love each Seasons pack -- it is kind of like Christmas or a birthday with the anticipation building.  It is like wathcing The Wizard of Oz and going from the sepia toned first part in Kansas, to the lavishly colored part of OZ! Party hat 
I also feel that if EA didn't make a Season pack and just included it in the base game, then 1) people would complain that the EPs aren't as exciting as they were wtih all the other versions of The Sims games and 2) EA would have to charge extra for the base game Devil since they would loose a ton of revenue from not having the pack.  Seasons take a huge amount of work to make, and it wouldn't make much sense for them to get rid of what is usually one of their top expansion packs.  At least as it is now, you have the option to pay for it if you want or not pay for it if you don't think it is worth it. Wink  Also, if they had included the ability to have weather and seasons in the base game, then we wouldn't have our Holiday system that we have included in that pack.  It would most likely have been left out! Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (477 Views)

Re: Things I dislike about Sims 4

★★ Apprentice

Hey Fozzy Standard smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. There are food vendors in the game if you have Sims 4 City Living there will be food vendors in the cities different locations, If you have the Seasons EP there will also be food vendors randomly generated outside parks in all the different areas.

For more information about Seasons: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/

For more information about City Living: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/cityliving/

2. When changing traits using cas.fulleditmode it can break sometimes as you were not actually allowed to change your traits. But there is a way to change your traits in game the right way you have to have lots of reward points and around the bottom of the list there should be an option to buy it.

3. Well in real life when you are having a baby you don't exactly know what they want because they are too young to communicate, so it would be unrealistic for the sims to add that feature. Also if your baby needs something really badly it will tell you on the top left of the screen.

4.. Unfortunately adding seasons into the sims4 for free may have been possible before they released Seasons EP but now that they have if they were too add seasons into the game for free then what would have been the point of buying The Seasons Ep, If you get what i mean. And large amounts of people may want refunds.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this helped Standard smile

―――――――――
✘ 𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣 ✘
―――――――――

If you find me helpful i would appreciate XP Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (464 Views)