The sims 4 Pc can you have 2 different households at a time

by dcondon1577

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 Pc can you have 2 different households at a time

★ Novice
On the pc addition of sims 4. Can you play two different households at the same time?
Message 1 of 3 (3,453 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 4 Pc can you have 2 different households at a time

Champion

@dcondon1577, sort of .  It just depends on what you mean by having 2 different households at a time.  Wink  For example, if you were trying to recreate your family and a friend of yours' family in the game you could just alternate between the 2 households, but  when you were playing family "A" , family "B" would be off doing other things, making new friendships or making new enemies, and you might not want that to happen.  In order to prevent that you could make each family in their own save-game, but that creates other problems.  For example, with the same families I mentioned above, you could  have them interact; however, to play both households you would have to create 2 different save-games for them.  But unlike in The Sims3, if you were playing family "A" and had a person in family "A" get in a fight with a person in family "B", when you later went to play family "B"  they would never have gotten into a fight because that fight would exist in a separate save-game. 

So basically in the first example you can play the 2 families, but you wouldn't have complete control over the family you weren't' currently playing.  Also it is not like The Sims3 where you automatically can jump over to the neighbors and play with them for a few minutes and then jump back to the original family with out loading and then reloading the different households.  In the second example you have more control, but they exist as if they were in two parallel universes.  

I hope this makes sense! Embarrassed I'm sorry if I'm not clear.  Does this help answer your question?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,578 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@dcondon1577, sort of .  It just depends on what you mean by having 2 different households at a time.  Wink  For example, if you were trying to recreate your family and a friend of yours' family in the game you could just alternate between the 2 households, but  when you were playing family "A" , family "B" would be off doing other things, making new friendships or making new enemies, and you might not want that to happen.  In order to prevent that you could make each family in their own save-game, but that creates other problems.  For example, with the same families I mentioned above, you could  have them interact; however, to play both households you would have to create 2 different save-games for them.  But unlike in The Sims3, if you were playing family "A" and had a person in family "A" get in a fight with a person in family "B", when you later went to play family "B"  they would never have gotten into a fight because that fight would exist in a separate save-game. 

So basically in the first example you can play the 2 families, but you wouldn't have complete control over the family you weren't' currently playing.  Also it is not like The Sims3 where you automatically can jump over to the neighbors and play with them for a few minutes and then jump back to the original family with out loading and then reloading the different households.  In the second example you have more control, but they exist as if they were in two parallel universes.  

I hope this makes sense! Embarrassed I'm sorry if I'm not clear.  Does this help answer your question?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (3,579 Views)

★ Novice

Wow seriously? Not even a cheat 😂😂

Message 3 of 3 (2,246 Views)