The lottery hasnt happened

by bronstarr

Original Post

Re: The lottery hasnt happened

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@honeybun0213The SimsVP guide only says that there are 12 Pre-made and Surprise Holidays that will appear on the Calendar. The 4 Pre-made holidays appear on the calendar during specific seasons, and the 8 surprise holidays appear at random. It does not specify that the 8 surprise holidays will definitely appear every year.

I play a 28-day season length and I do see all 8 Surprise Holidays, including Lottery Day, one time each year. There is an Open Bug Report where people are seeing the 8 Surprise Holidays on their calendars, but they do not show up in game-play on the day they are scheduled to occur. It's like they are being deleted from the game instead of functioning normally. For me this bug started with the Nov. 12 patch.

Please check out the Bug Report for more info on this and make sure to click the Me Too button if this is also happening in your game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Random-holidays-get-cancelled-immediatly/m-p/8434807#M1...

@PugLove888  LOL I posted like 2 minutes after you did xD Love ya!

Message 11 of 17 (4,562 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness, LOL! Large smile Thanks for informing us that SimVIP has the stats that confirmed what I saw in my game.  I am currently on a 7 day Season cycle, so I don't see al the minor holidays, just some of them.  

Also, thanks for telling us about the current bug that says you are having a holiday but then the holiday doesn't show up.  Perhaps this is what @honeybun0213  is experiencing. Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 17 (4,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a 14 day cycle @PugLove888  @RandomBuzziness 

Message 13 of 17 (4,541 Views)

★★★ Expert
@honeybun0213 I haven't seen anything that shows the 8 surprise holidays will definitely appear every year. Keep an eye on your game calendar as the random holidays will show up there a few days before they are scheduled to occur. If the Lottery Day never shows up but many of the other Surprise holidays work fine, then it's probably by design and normal for a 14-day season length. If they do show up on the calendar but fail to occur in game-play, then it might be that bug.
Message 14 of 17 (4,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@RandomBuzziness I've played the 28 day cycle and 14 day on 2 different saves and I was seeing The lottery every Sim year for the 14 day cycle. I'm playing on PS4

Message 15 of 17 (4,524 Views)

Champion

@honeybun0213  and @RandomBuzziness , that somewhat explains the discrepancy … @honeybun0213 , you stated that you have played at least 2 different saves, both on longer than the standard 7 day cycle.  I play almost totally on the 7 day cycle and I have a lot of different Save Games.Large smile  All of them have different holidays and not all of them would repeat each year. Raised eyebrow  So that is why we have 2 different experiences. Standard smile

@honeybun0213, is your situation like that of the bug that @RandomBuzziness mentioned where the calendar says a certain holiday is coming but then it never actually happens, or is your problem more like all record of that holiday just never shows up again?  Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 17 (4,512 Views)

★★★ Expert
@honeybun0213 There does seem to be some randomness to these Surprise holidays but a lot of people are currently having problems with them and it is definitely possible that you are seeing a form of that bug. If you think you are, you should click the Me Too button in the Bug Report thread. I'm not sure if EA is currently working on a fix but I do know they read these Bug Reports and take them very seriously.
Message 17 of 17 (4,497 Views)