Re: The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

by stbnchristine

Original Post

★ Guide

Thanks for the sympathy @PugLove888 

I did the update cause I just had to play my new favorite save. It looks like good news for the mod community. MCCC has an immediate update as well as several others. My game appears to be playing correctly with no major crashes or LEs. 

For those of you who are interested... it was not enough to have auto updates turned off on Origin for this required update. However it was suggested to launch in offline mode to avoid being forced to update until you are ready. This makes sense but I had already updated. Will try it next time. If anyone tries it now please let us know if it works or not. 

Message 11 of 14 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@stbnchristine, I'm happy that no problems happened in your game after your updated, and one of the biggest Mods was already updated! :eahigh_file:  And at least you have options for next time there is a patch! I'm sure many others will be thankful for your tips! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 14 (588 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @stbnchristine  - I always wait a couple of days before updating to any patches; it's mainly out of habit - I like to watch the forums for a couple of days to see what broke first Large smile Like @PugLove888 I don't use any mods or cc in my game, so that's not a concern, but I like to make a copy of my TS4 folder first just in case. The way I avoid installing patches is to launch in offline mode. Since you asked if it works, I wanted to let you know that it does. 

Very glad to hear you were able to play right away, even though you were forced to update. Happy Simming! 

Message 13 of 14 (578 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks @BlackjackWidow for the confirmation.  What I was upset about is that I wanted to wait a couple of days but Origin forced me to update. I only wish someone could have told me to try offline before I did the update. Lol but hey I was impatient and wanted to see my sims!!! Luckily I wasn’t grounded by a full crash. 

Message 14 of 14 (575 Views)