The Sims 4 Seasons or Get Together?

by CD031

Original Post

The Sims 4 Seasons or Get Together?

★★ Novice

Which do you believe is the best and why?

Message 1 of 10 (6,753 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Seasons or Get Together?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have both and they both add something desirable for me. 4 Seasons enables some areas to have typical seasonal weather, like rain and lasting thunder storms, heat waves, a blooming spring, snow and even blizzards. Get together has a totally new area, Windenburg, in the typical bavarian styled houses. For all its worth, i think maybe Get Together is the best one, unless you really miss snow on Christmas.

Also Get Together has all these clubs, although I don't really spend much time doing that. If you have any other expansions, like Get To Work, you may patrol these areas too. Very lovely place Windenburg.

4 Seasons has lot of winter clothes and Christmas stuff.  One thing I do like a lot is that you also get garden gnomes and they are not purely decorations.

Message 2 of 10 (6,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay, my first reply was removed, probably because I edited too many times as I tried to clean up typos and other errors, so I will try to get it understandable in one try now. Here goes:

I think Get Together is perhaps the best of the two expansions, but I own the both and I think they add desirable content in they're own way. Here is the reason I think Get Together is best of the two:

You get a new area, Windenburg and you get a very nice, new (but old in looks) building style set. It is also possible to patrol as a cop here, if you have Get To Work expansion. This area is vast and lot of activities for the new feature, Clubs, that your Sims can join. Activities includes fitness, swimming, dancing and so on.

4 Season is almost self-explanatory but some areas get seasonal weather. This includes rain and lasting thunderstorms, fall with leaf piles and brightly colored trees, winter gives snow and blizzards, and spring is blooming in pink and white.  It also adds holidays, like Christmas, thanks giving and other days, not technically holidays, but with some task you can complete.

4 Seasons also adds Garden Gnomes in different varieties, and they are not purely decorations! Wink 

However, Get Together is the most fun for me, although 4 Seasons is much more compatible if you really have set up a community on your existing areas.

Message 3 of 10 (6,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think I would choose seasons. I did'nt buy it yet, but it influences your game a lot during playing. I do own Get Together. It got nice clothes and furniture, and Windenburg is awesome, but I almost never use clubs so I would choose Seasons. 

Sorry for bad English

Edit: I do really like that in Get Together, you can send messages to friends based on your emotions. And you are getting invited for many things, and that's really nice because you do way more things with friends and family that do not live in your household.

Message 4 of 10 (6,674 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It all depends on what kind of game play you value more in your game. Personally i would choose Seasons rather than Get Together because it makes the game more "immersive" and realistic. It also keeps the game interesting because your sim's world is constantly changing so it's never boring or feels repetitive. Also, i personally love the flower arranging and larger selection of flowers. Basically, in my opinion, Seasons offers way more game play. 

As for Get together, to be honest, i rarely use the club options so i didn't get much more game play that i liked. The main thing that i love is the singing skill, however it bothers me that all the level 10 voices are the same lol. Windenburg is probably my favorite town though because there are so many lot placements and it's really beautiful. 

Like i said, it all depends on personal preference as to what game play you value more.

Message 5 of 10 (6,661 Views)

Champion

@CD031, like others have stated, it depends on your likes and dislikes, as well as how you like to play!  If you like to have a lot of Social Sims, then Get Together would be a terrific buy for you! Personaly, I like to concentrate of families, so having my Sims join a bunch of clubs gets in the way of that (but you can have the clubs meet at your home instead of their designated hangout) Cool  But some clubs aren't suitable for that (like the club of mischief makers is better off in a public place because it is doubtful you would want to boobytrap your own home! Large smile ).  The only club I often join is the gardening club because I have several Sims with large gardens that they can't keep up with and the gardening club will do the work for free!!! Raised eyebrowLarge smile:eahigh_file:  However, since EA has revamped the gardening system, gardening is easier now anyway, so the club wouldn't be as necessary. Oops

But many people have found the club system in Get Together to be very useful and versatile! 

On the other hand, Seasons makes the game more like real-life (unless you live in southern California) and even affects toddlers (and pets if you have those) ! Heart  There are a lot of great activities in Seasons, from holiday traditions to everyday ice and roller skating!  Also, you can customize the calendar to add or subtract holidays so you can have the amount of holidays that you want, and not what someone else thinks you should have! Tongue outLarge smile  And you can even add or subtract the amount and type of traditions each holiday has... for example, Harvest Day is like the American Thanksgiving holiday , but it has an additional  default tradition of appeasing gnomes that you might not want to include -- so instead you can have your household watch sports on TV instead! Football  (But I think the Gnome tradition is a lot of fun! Party hat

Some things you can do to help you decide which EP is the better one for you is to compare all the clothing and furniture each pack has, and more importantly compare the gameplay that each has!  You can do this by watching Let's Play videos if you search for ones that pertain to either Get Together or Seasons! Standard smile

So which ever you decide to get, please update us on what you decided on and how you like it!  Feel free to include pictures ! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 10 (6,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

btw singing comes with city living

Message 7 of 10 (6,116 Views)

★★ Novice
@Quickfragger Same. Sims 4 Get together is my 2nd favorite pack. My favorite is cats and dogs.
Message 8 of 10 (2,344 Views)

★ Guide

I have both and I like them both. 

Just like others said I don't do much clubbing with Get together, I'm more family-oriented but it's a fun pack, it had a couple of nice things and I use the club thing mostly for my students haha. But Winderburg is a nice place too, a lot of lots (love the Buffs (hope it's the right name I don't play the game in English) if you're a storyteller you could get amazing screenshots out there. And with seasons, winter in Winderburg is absolutely stunning so I guess they both have contents in their own way. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,340 Views)

Champion

@Nathanjj09 , my favorite pack is Cats & Dogs too! 🐱🐶 However, for most people I would recommend Seasons over C & D because Seasons will appeal to the largest amount of people.  And Seasons is a very close 2nd favorite for me! 🥰

@EriSims974 yes Windenburg is a beautiful town!😍  For that reason Get Together is a favorite pack for builders! 💗  Which packs are the best for you all depends on how you like to play! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 10 (2,294 Views)