The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming soon!

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming soon!

Champion (Retired)

@PathagenicYou should be seeing it on Origin now Standard smile  

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 31 of 41 (786 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I found a very helpful guide to get things started.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic Has Arrived And we’ve got the perfect beginner’s guide.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 32 of 41 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks sadly, after a few hours of play (I try not to use spoilers) I noted that Current Occult s have no access to Magic.  Very disappointing.

Message 33 of 41 (747 Views)

Champion

@Jaelk, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by saying "Current Occult s have no access to Magic"?  Wondering ( If you don't want to post a spoiler, just press the little round gold button next to where you bold, italicize, and underline test. Then type what your spoiler is.  This will hide it unless others click on the spoiler. Wink)

Spoiler
What do you mean my Current Occults? Wondering My spellcasters that I made in CAS have Magic, but they have to practice it and learn spells and potions to be good at it.Wink  You can also always play one of the pre-made houses in Glimmerbrook to test out how magic works in the game, as well!Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 34 of 41 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler
Vampires, mermaids etc... cannot be spell casters. since I had to make a specific character to use the content is's a little disappointing. 
Message 35 of 41 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My Legacy families ... well they're like the Illuminati.  Generally they can do what they need to win.  

So .. just disappointing. Wink

Message 36 of 41 (729 Views)

Champion

@Jaelk, again, what type of Occult are your Legacy family.Wondering  We can't help you without more information. Raised eyebrow  

I've tested both with Spellcasters made in CAS, and with regular Sims that had a Sage in the magic realm turn them into Spellcasters with no problems.  However, it was stated in he Developer's Realm of Magic Livestream and elsewhere by EA employees that you can't have a Vampire/Witch hybrid.  So, if you have certain occults then you might not be able to turn them into Spellcasters. Disappointed I think Ghosts are an exception. Wink

So, is this perhaps the problem? Wondering

Message 37 of 41 (720 Views)

★ Apprentice

It does look amazing and I can’t wait to play. I have the sims on console and I was upset when I realized that 50% of what pc got for ts3 was not released for the console ,so I’m super excited that EA did a fantastic job of listening to their supporters of the the sims franchise and decided to give us so much more whenTS4 came out . So I’m overwhelmed with excitement cuz I’m seeing all the add ons that pc had before for the first time. I can’t wait🤠👍🏻

Message 38 of 41 (679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well here’s a bug, my sim was in her 2nd trimester of pregnancy and she took the emotional stability potion to rid a tense moodlet but instead it removes ALL moodlets, so she is no longer pregnant but is experiencing decrease in hunger and bladder still... soooo please fix that

Message 39 of 41 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SarahRedBear, this is a known bug.  Please go to the Bug Report forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Emotional-Stability-potion-removing-Pregnancy/...

and click on the "Me Too" button under the first post, and then add your experience to the end of the thread! Angel

Message 40 of 41 (659 Views)