Re: [The Sims 4 - Realm of Magic] Is there any storyline at all?

by PugLove888

Original Post

[The Sims 4 - Realm of Magic] Is there any storyline at all?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Alright, so I don't know what's going on with this one. When I saw this pack coming out I was SO incredibly excited as witches in whatever flavor have always been a favorite for me in the sims games. I bought this at launch and installed it and made a spellcaster with no issues. But after the point were I collected the motes and got myself magic-i-fied there was NO storyline at all. There was a sprawling neighborhood with stunning visuals and SO much potential. But after the initial transformation, there was nothing said about anything around the realm. 

We have a fractured realm with floating stones, magic gates connecting pieces of floating earth. All the shopkeepers are ghosts and there are remnants of houses standing at the edge of Caster's Alley, and then there is the Gardens lot which has no appearantce at all and 2 separate dueling interactions with one being on your current lot and one being at the dueling grounds. There was so much story/quest potential that I was left wondering A. Am I missing something?, B. Is my install broken?, or C. Are they planning to patch in additional content at some point?

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,678 Views)

@CelesteCranberry  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 General Discussion and Feedback section.

Other people will doubtless have more extensive thoughts, but I would guess that there probably aren't any plans to introduce a storyline.  Stangerville was a conspicuous exception, but the rule seems to be that Sims games, all of them, are more open-ended, free of any game-directed storylines.  That doesn't prevent you from creating and playing out your own stories though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,650 Views)

Champion

@CelesteCranberry, the Sims has always been a sandbox type game where it is up to the player to make their own stories.HeartParty hat  The one exception was the Strangerville Game Pack!  But that pack divided people. While fun, it has limited replay value, and deviates from the Sims' core gameplay style.  While we could get another pack like that again, I would doubt it since most Simmers want a sandbox style of game where they are the authors of the stories they play! 

No, your game is not broken!  And no, there re no plans to patch a storyline in at a later point.  They just gave us the framework of a story so we could finish the story however we wanted. The developers did state on their Livestream that the Realm is being torn apart and the Spellcasters are holding it together. But beyond that there is not story, so it is up to you to make your own! Angel

However, the Strangerville GP might be more to your liking! :eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,645 Views)