Re: [Info] Take part in the creation of a new Stuff Pack

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Champion

@redashxo, I agree that SimGuruGraham described our different gameplay styles so well, and how the debate over laundry really boils down to and perfectly describes those two styles of gameplay!  Heart  I'm kind of a mixed-type of player.  Sometimes I want more simulation, and sometimes I want more gameplay activities.  I guess that is why while I prefer more useful activities for my Sims, I'm not mad at "non-useful" activities.  I did enjoy laundry in TS3, but I don't really need to have it in TS4.  That said, I have yet to make my childhood home, and my current home, and since both of those have laundry rooms, if we didn't have them in the game when it came time to recreate them for me, then I would probably be sad! EmbarrassedLarge smile LOL

@EA_Mai, no!  I failed to see the flowers in the brides hair! ShockedEmbarrassed  My ADD/OCD kicked in and I was to distracted and obsessed by the jean-jacket on one of the brides! LOL Large smile:eahigh_file:Embarrassed  I was more suprized since when I looked at the 80's clothes I kept wondering why there were no jean-jackets on both the male and female Sims because they were extremely popular in the 80's!  And then, lo an behold, there is a jean-jacket on a bride, no less! ShockedLarge smile  But now I really wish we had the Wedding pack with that gorgeous bridal hair!  Heart

For that pack, I really loved the gauzy curtains, light and flower garlands, and I am in love with the chandelier with the candles and greenery! Heart  And I think the little iced-tea jug is perfect!   While I don't throw too many weddings in my game, I would use a lot of those items anyway, just for non-wedding and non-party uses. Wink

Did anyone else who has the Cats & Dogs EP notice that in most of the houses that came with the pack have ample room for washers and dryers?!?  In some cases there were whole rooms that were empty!  Its like they are waiting to be laundry rooms! Large smileStandard smile  I thought this was very thoughtful of the people who designed the houses for Cat & Dogs!  Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 41 of 65 (1,222 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, a fellow Duran Duran  fanHeart:eahigh_file:Party hatHeart  One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband was not only was he a fan of Duran Duran, he admitted it!  So many guys secretly liked their music but were too chicken to admit it Sick , especially after their heyday in the 80's.  I never respected those guys!  Heck, I never respected those girls either!  I'd rather be friends with someone who actually didn't like them than waste time with fake people who lie about what music they like.  If they lie about such small stuff, imagine what big stuff they are lying about! Raised eyebrow

I still hope they make the Arcade SP or at least an 80's SP or a GP with all sorts of decades. Party hat Or better yet, a time travel EP where we can include all sorts of styles from different time periods.  I loved the pack from TS3 that had 70's, 80's, & 90's items!  I don't think they would do my time travel EP, but it is still nice to dream! LOL Wink

You mentioned that the Arcade SP would have been "simply *perfect* for my Sims-story".  May I ask what is this Sims-story you are working on?!? Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 42 of 65 (1,213 Views)

★★ Expert
i agree, @PugLove888! it's awesome when people talk about the music they enjoy... without leaving out whatever they think is embarrassing/a guilty pleasure. Wink

*sigh* a 1980s SP would be a dream come true. also, i adore stuff from the 1920s and 1950s. so a "decades" GP would be really cool.

the main plot of my story (it could be a novel, actually!) begins in 1990 and ends in 2016, but the main characters have already met by the mid-eighties. so playing their backstory (i have not made a save for that yet) would require lots of 1980s stuff. Wink

i don't do much gameplay for it, to be honest. just add all the characters they meet to the worlds, but not even in chronological order. it's just so i can take screenshots and "see" my characters as similar as possible to what they look like in my head.

the actual plot and subplots are really detailed by now... the problem is i don't/can't write any more, so i just imagine it and i let it unfold/add to it/develop characters/etc. it makes me very sad so the Sims-story is a way to cope somehow.
Message 43 of 65 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Omg yess!! I adore the Wedding idea and I still think that they should make use of those beautiful ideas and add them to the Sims 4. Before, I ever even joined the forums and learned about the voting on the future stuff pack, I thought to myself Sims 4 could use more wedding stuff! Its just so beautiful and cute... I love that room and the hair and outfits so much it would be tragic not to make use of that art. I hope it will be as early as Spring 2018. It seems they have made a lot of progress on the pack. I appreciate the Sims 4 team so I am not trying to get ahead of myself, I just love adding to my SIms 4 collection and building my world, advancing my sims. I love where the Sims is going. I am committed to my Legacy! Thank you so much for your response @EA_Mai! Keep up the awesome work!HeartStandard smile

Message 44 of 65 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Cool! And yes that's awesome lol @PugLove888!Large smileStandard smile

Message 45 of 65 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i think B its the best choice !
Message 46 of 65 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

style b

Message 47 of 65 (1,036 Views)

EA app Team
Going back to the question 'when will it be released?' - You might want to take a look to this quarter's teaser video Wink https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Quarterly-Teaser/m-p/6546674
Message 48 of 65 (988 Views)

EA app Team

Hello all Simmers!

Clean those dirty clothes with The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack!

Do your Sims long for that moment of taking out nice, warm clothing fresh from the dryer? Soon they can with The Sims
4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack, launching January 16, 2018 worldwide on PC / Mac. 

More info here!

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 49 of 65 (932 Views)

Get ready for Laundry day.

Champion (Retired)

The Laundry day stuff pack will release next week Jan. 16.

You can even do it the old fashioned way. Though I'm probably the only one here to have actually done my Laundry that way.Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 50 of 65 (929 Views)