Re: The Sims 4 - Book is stuck in window/wall of apartment.

by amxthystcrystxl

Original Post

★ Apprentice

It might take a while to move out of the apartment, sadly my sims don't have much funds, and with this game, I'm not planning to use any cheats. Doesn't bother me as much now.

But EA, should at least allow us to find a way to edit windows/walls outside of the building somehow.

Message 11 of 20 (1,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@amxthystcrystxlWell, you don't need to move into another apartment or house, just have them move into an empty lot. It only needs to be for a moment to see if it works.

Just save the game before the move. Move them into an empty lot, keeping the items in inventory. Then move them back. It shouldn't take any funds.

If you don't have any funds for even the empty lot, you can always use the "motherlode" cheat or "freerealestate on" cheat. It won't matter if you don't save.

Message 12 of 20 (1,972 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh yeah I forgot about the free real estate cheat. I'll consider it, thanks for thinking about that...but now I've got another book problem, instead it's stuck above a bench on a path outside the apartment. Of course I can't read it, put it away or anything. Can't reset it either, and obviously can't hammer it away as it's outside the apartment. 

09-06-19_9-39-58 PM.png

Message 13 of 20 (1,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@amxthystcrystxlWow, don't have a clue how to get rid of that one. If it's one of YOUR books, moving "might" still fix it. If not, no idea.

If your sims are having problems putting books away, I think there is an option in the MCCC mod that fixes that. I'd have to look it up tho to find the right option.

I miss that option from the older Sims. You used to be able to shift-click on an item, generate an error on it and it gives you the option to delete it. Can't do that in Sims 4.

Message 14 of 20 (1,947 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can't move it, no option for that. 

I've got MCCC, nothing works, can't actually use MCCC on that book (I don't think)

Message 15 of 20 (1,937 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@amxthystcrystxl Apparently there's a glitch where sims don't put books away properly, they just put them down wherever they are. MCCC has an option that fixes that. It won't fix that particular book, but it might prevent it in the future. I'll have to look up the setting, I don't remember off-hand where it is.
Message 16 of 20 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Have you thought about trying to have a sim with the kleptomaniac trait swipe the book (that's outside the apartment)? That worked for me a few years ago when my Sims were abandoning their homework, leaving it laying around everywhere in public spaces.

Message 17 of 20 (1,904 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@amxthystcrystxl - Have you tried the "set as head" cheat? Turn testingcheats on, shift-click the book and choose "set as head". You should then be able to remove the book from the sim's head by shift-clicking and choosing "Reset Object (Debug)". This should drop it on the floor somewhere around your sim. (don't do this in a public lot, the item can get stuck) Hopefully, you can then delete or sell the book from build/buy mode.

Message 18 of 20 (1,876 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@BlackjackWidow Wow, that's not a bad idea. A bit unconventional but likely to work.
Message 19 of 20 (1,872 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried set as head. And back again. But the book still appeared in the wall/window. 

Anyway. I decided to move my sims into another apartment so I have no worries now...until next time. 

The issue isn't solved but I'll make this thread under solved to avoid people answering when at the moment. It's not an issue. 

Thanks so much for the attempted help. 

Message 20 of 20 (2,893 Views)