The Latest Patch Update - Issues

by anoushkaXsuri

Original Post

The Latest Patch Update - Issues

★ Novice

All my custom content broke in the latest patch update. None of it is showing up. Is this normal and how can you fix it? This is my first patch update problem since getting the sims.

Message 1 of 8 (622 Views)

Re: The Latest Patch Update - Issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

when ever there's an update of any kind your game automatically turns off you CC just go back in and turn it back on then restart your game...as long as nothing broke compatibility wise (can happen on occasion) all you CC should show back up ^^

Message 2 of 8 (614 Views)

Champion

@anoushkaXsuri, what @toramonger said is right. Standard smile   But even when you go back and turn on your CC, some of your CC and Mods might not be compatible with the update. Frown   It is up to the makers of the CC/Mods to keep up with any changes EA makes to the game.  Some modders keep their CC up to date better than others.  You can always check with them.  But if you game is acting weird after a patch by EA it is a good idea to temporarily remove your Mods from the game and test you game without them to see if they are the problem or not.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't really know how to turn the CC back on. Will you explain the process mre so I can try to follow. Thank you

Message 4 of 8 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Zlatusa

You find the option in Settings | Other.

People who have Mods or CC normally knows this so are you sure you have any CC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much  for your help. I agree that I am not very computer savvy but I do know when I have custom content in my game. I just did not know exactly how to turn it back on. I am surely an old lady (74) but still willing to learn. Without being condescended to.

Message 6 of 8 (537 Views)

Champion (Retired)

No condescending implied. Since you do use CC you already have been in there at least once to enable it the first time you added CC to the game. That is my basis for asking if you were sure you had any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 8 (529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you again for your help. I do so love the CC in my game and do not want to play without them. I admire all the clever artists who create so much of the beautiful objects and clothes and hair etc. that make Sims worth playing.

Message 8 of 8 (494 Views)