Re: Swapping to a new computer.

by stbnchristine

Original Post

Swapping to a new computer.

★★★ Newbie

Hi total computer novice.

My daughter has Sims 4 and expansion packs on a shared Mac Air. She bought them online and downloaded them. 
If she got a new computer (Mac pro) for Christmas, can she download them to the new one easily?

Would it just be a case of logging on to her EA account and downloading it?

Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, just install Origin, log in to the account and click the game in the Game Library. In the Sims Mac forum they may be able to help in transferring the saves to the new Mac if that is wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

all i did was download origin and it automatically added my sims 4 packs to the computer for me 

Message 3 of 4 (359 Views)

★ Guide

@Victheball You can also move your sims4 folder from the old computer to the new one.  This folder is in documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.  That way she can play her sims and saved worlds.  This folder is user information and therefore independent of the application which you can easily download from Origin.

Message 4 of 4 (343 Views)