Re: Suggestion: Sims 4 Add Preteens

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion: Sims 4 Add Preteens

★★★ Novice

Hello! Let me start by saying have have been a loyal Sims fan now for a long time. I was very glad that in the Sims 4 they added young adult to the age range, and then latter the addition of the toddlers coming back! All the updates I am most pleased with, however I think preteens should be added to the mix. It would make sense considering the new parenting stuff pack that just came out. Being a preteen is a hard time it is the point where acne first shows, and then you start to grow. For girls they to develop breasts, and boys voices start to deepen. Having preteens would make the game less awkward from going to child to teen. With the addition to this a middle school should be added. The sims has always lacked a middle school, and I feel that it shouldn't. Middle school is a tuff time because of all the awkward things your body is doing, like mentioned above. Having preteens you could make the boys voices slightly deeper, and the girls begin to develop breasts. When you go from child to teen they are about 16 or 17 looking, which is fine, but it would make more sense to have an in-between of that and give the sims a 11-13 year old look. Cause to me the child age range looks about 8-10. I am sure you have heard of this suggestion before, but if not I wanted to bring your attention to it. One other bonus is it would add more gameplay to a specific sim. For this age range mini crushes should be added. Like they should develop a crush on someone and they can give them like a peck or something, and maybe ask them to be their boyfriend or girlfriend, but nothing more cause that would be odd. I hope you like this idea it is just something I was thinking about while binge playing the Sims. Haha!! Thank you for reading this to those that do!!

Message 1 of 26 (8,731 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Lots of changes happen indeed to 11-13 kids, thanks to you for writing it, @iasparran!

I'll forward your feedback, thanks again for taking the time to post it Standard smile

Welcome to Answers HQ! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (10,969 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Lots of changes happen indeed to 11-13 kids, thanks to you for writing it, @iasparran!

I'll forward your feedback, thanks again for taking the time to post it Standard smile

Welcome to Answers HQ! :eahigh_file:

-Mai

Message 2 of 26 (10,970 Views)

★★★ Novice

First off thank you for the quick response!!! Also, I am glad that you agree with my point of view, and are forwarding the idea! Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 26 (8,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG that is an amazing idea! I would love preteens in the game 

Message 4 of 26 (8,389 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What a stupid idea! We already have 'preteens' - they're called 'children'.

Message 5 of 26 (8,384 Views)

★ Novice
No, children aren't Preteens. This idea isn't stupid because this is something some of us need. The child and teen gap os much too awkward and unrealistic. Why would you want a small child to grown into a giant teenager? Preteens would be the substitute for shorter teens in my opinion.
Message 6 of 26 (8,261 Views)

Champion

@Belladonna74, no need to be rude. Zipped lips Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't' make their idea stupid! Frown

However, @Nian223, technically children are pre-teens, as are all stages of life that occur before a person reaches their teens! Wink  But we realize you were referring to the particular stage of life commonly called "preteen".   Functionally I don't see pre-teens bringing any different gameplay, as all things experienced by them that make them unique would never be put in a Sims game, and the rest of their behavior is a combo of child behaviors and teen behaviors.  Since those behaviors already exist in the game, I doubt they would create a new life-stage for behaviors already present.Confused  (The actual interesting stuff is the actual start of puberty, but that can be gross and embarrassing even for the people playing the game, not to mention controversial, so it makes it more doubtful that EA would add this).

Gameplay aside, I understand that for reasons of simulating our real lives, preteens can be valuable in our game.Standard smile  It is similar to the laundry debate.  Those who want laundry like their game to reflect real life.  Those that don't want laundry would rather have more unique gameplay. 

Now, they are adding laundry to the game next year.  But I think adding a new life-stage is a lot more difficult to implement in the game than laundry is.Large smile  Yes, they did add the toddler life-stage, but toddlers have much more unique gameplay options that weren't covered by the life-stages that came with the base game, so it was more worth EA's trouble to make them. 

But it is still good that you let EA know of your wishes! Angel They might just surprise us and add pre-teens, but even if they don't in TS4, they may do so in TS5 (if there is going to be a TS5)! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 26 (8,242 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'd be really happy to see preteens, and as PugLove888 states, also a laundry fan Standard smile
I love my Sims games for being realistic enough (not too much obviously) so that I can actually feel my sims living their life.
Nothing more to add: Just wanted to show my support for the idea!
Message 8 of 26 (8,187 Views)

Champion

@adduapinamaybe you will get your wish! Wink  It can't hurt to ask! Standard smile

As for The Sims being a somewhat realistic reflection of our real lives, if EA really wanted to do that even more, then they would have to add cars, bikes, and garages back to the game, as well as baby strollers.  But the single thing I want to make my game more realistic is to add more color choices to CAS and Buy/Build Mode.  It really bothers me when I can have pink earrings in the ice cream cone shape, but not in the small crystal shape!  Or I find the perfect pair of pants, only to find that they only come in muted colors and not jewel tones or pastels (or to find the perfect shirt that comes in pastels or jewel tones, but not muted colors!) Teeth bared  I end up with combinations that I would never put together in real life, or there are articles of clothes I never use because they aren't in the right colors! Same goes for furniture! Devil  If they don't give us the color wheel, then at least give us more colors or all the colors in every article! Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 26 (8,074 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 Yes to the baby stollers. I would love to see those in the game for toddlers.
I would also want them to add jogging option with the stroller as well. I see irl people
jog with stoller, not just walk. I also wish they would go back to adding SETS of furniture
that MATCHES to the game. I so dislike trying to find furniture that matches. If it matches
one way, like wood, it then doesn't match in color or style, gggrrrr, lol This is one of my
biggest issues in game. Have an awesome day.
Happy Simmin

Message 10 of 26 (8,056 Views)