Re: Suggestion: Occult Toggle

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestion: Occult Toggle

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, just a hopeful suggestion

Love the overall content in packs such as Vampires, and now the Island Living Pack. I will however now be on a search for a mod to disable mermaids, entirely from my game. As personally, I prefer a far more realistic gameplay without such 'creatures' spawning in my game, therefore don't have Vampires in it thanks to mods. 

Hopefully, at some point, as it wouldn't seem that hard, for EA to make Occult Characters toggleable as not all want them, but usually always want the rest of the packs' contents.

Cheers, and Happy Simming

Message 1 of 10 (3,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Twisted Mexi has made the mod; "Mermaid Toggle" to toggle mermaids off; you can find him at Patreon or pm if you need to find it. (he has other toggle mods as well)

Sasha

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,905 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

to help with your matter, as-long you didn't ask "Ask if Mermaid" then they wont spawn. been playing from June 21 and haven't seen a Mermaid Yet. today, I ask "if Mermaid" now they are everywhere. I agree to toggle on and off. also include Celebrity too

Message 2 of 10 (2,950 Views)

★★ Pro
@LadyDarkSorrow Thanks, I haven't asked that (nor played much as yet) and even checked townies, and could not see anything obvious..

Message 3 of 10 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Twisted Mexi has made the mod; "Mermaid Toggle" to toggle mermaids off; you can find him at Patreon or pm if you need to find it. (he has other toggle mods as well)

Sasha

Message 4 of 10 (2,906 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd love to be able to buy Realm of Magic and Vampires, but would love to be able to use the build items and cas, without the supernatural elements. I might have a game with the gameplay, but would love to just have access to the build items, in all my realistic games.  A toggle would be amazing!  

Message 5 of 10 (2,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@altheak4 

With Realm of Magic Spellcasters do not interfere in the other worlds.
They only practice their skills in the Realm of Magic itself.
The cauldron can be handy to make family servings of Mac and Cheese that when left in the cauldron do not spoil.
Vampires are a bit more invasive but for the most part can be ignored.
The option to use the No Trespassing option (added via a patch) on doors helps to disallow Vampires.
I have only had Vlad (Master Vampire that comes with the pack) visit a few times to drain my Sim.
At which time I am screaming at the screen for him to go away (like that would work LOL).
Random Vampires are generated by the game but it is always players choice to have your Sim become a Vampire.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 10 (2,630 Views)

Champion

@altheak4, in addition to what @EuphorialQueen mentioned, You can also grow garlic to help keep most vampires away (Some can have immunity to garlic as one of their powers, but most of them do not have this).  You can also carry a clove of garlic in your personal inventory for all Sims in the household (Teen to Elder).  Also, If you study the Vampire lore book, you can learn how to make garlic braids, garlands, and wreaths to hang in your house (one of the empty houses in Forgotten Hollow already has garlic hung up!).  You can also lock your doors to keep them out, but some vampires have the ability to go through locked doors, which is why @EuphorialQueen mentioned the No Trespassing option!   I'm so used to carrying garlic that I forget to use the no trespassing option! Large smile

Also, in addition to Mac & Cheese, if your Sim has a high enough cooking skill they can make chili in the caldron!  There is at least one other meal they can make in the caldron, but I forget which one... it might be Chopino, which is a seafood stew. Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 10 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I think these people need a new thread, js. This post is older by over a year now, also already asked and answered.. Wink

Mods remove all vampires and mermaids in my game.

Message 8 of 10 (2,566 Views)

★ Guide

The thing is.. We should get at least a choice. I mean.. Ghosts Vampires aliens spellcasters mermaids werewolves.. I m so sick of occults.. Just give us a toggle for god sake! I like the objects and the cas items from the werewolf pack but I will not buy it..

Message 9 of 10 (1,495 Views)

Champion

I'd like to see a toggle for Vampires/Werewolves as I'm completely horror phobic but I'd like the content. I'm genuinely happy for players who waited so long to see werewolves in the game as it's caused so much excitement and that's great. It's just a personal lifelong phobia of mine after a bad childhood experience and I'm on console so can't use mods.

It just means I can't buy the packs for the worlds, which is a shame as the new world for werewolves looks really appealing. I'd use it as an extension of Glimmerbrook which I love, but is filling up with my Spellcasters.

With a lot of the packs there are options to mitigate their effects on the game already so it seems like a simple option to add. Like disabling the Fame options or Weather options.

But I don't want to be a killjoy! I know a lot of people are going to love their werewolves. I like that the game offers these different ways to play and can be different things to different people. I like the versatility...just not the horror, what with me being a fraidy cat!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 10 of 10 (1,450 Views)