Re: Stuck in the new tutorial

by alamna74

Original Post

Stuck in the new tutorial

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I decided I would check out the new tutorial, so I am playing. I got finished with the second to last set of goals to complete the aspiration, and got to the "You now have free play time until you complete all of your Sim's Aspiration goals". Problem is, this text box isn't going away, and basically everything I need to complete the aspiration (go to a community lot (map AND phone), take a vacation day, go fishing for an hour) is disabled by the tutorial. So how do I move forward??

Edit: I have tried to save/quit and then repair Sims 4, but when I got back into the game it was still not letting me progress.

Message 1 of 19 (72,134 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Since you disabled the tutorial you will need to start a new game to get the tutorial again. You use the phone to take vacation and to travel you will be prompted to do that in the mentioned order. When at the park you are then prompted to go fishing and meet new Sims. Please remove all Mods and CC if you have any while doing the tutorial as they may interfere. Especially all UI mods and Mods that interfere with needs or whims.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 19 (72,093 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did start a new game to experience the tutorial. I was never prompted to take a vacation or go to the park. I have no mods or CC in my game, and I have never disabled the tutorial even on other saves.

Message 3 of 19 (72,067 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you haven't advanced the tutorial enough to be prompted to take a vacation day just continue with the task to get a promotion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 19 (72,055 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There is a bug report for this issue, you might want to pop over, hit "Me Too", and add your information to help them squash this bug.   https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/m-p/...

Mine stalls at the first day, (drink coffee never becomes available). I was fortunate enough that the repair worked for me. I've seen reports of others with the stalling at the last step, like yours, but the only way they "finished" it was to use a cheat code to complete the final step. You might want to try repairing the game again, just to see if you can get it to work. I don't know, maybe clearing the cache and then repairing would help?

It's very frustrating, I feel your pain. Good luck, and let us know if you find something that works.

Message 5 of 19 (72,045 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

It's buggie and a failure they have a harpie screeching in your ear your stuck in a house with everything disabled. Vampires accosting you on the street to and from work. Sometimes even invading your house when your sim dose'nt even have anything to do. pretty sad to grow old and die not even being able to use the freakn shower. They just need to scrap the whole thing and try again and this time with effort. The first one was better it actualy let you maintin your sim. this one dose'nt even give you that. Toddlers have more abilities and option then they give a full grown adult sim. Frustrated and angre with it 100%. your better off jumping in building a house with objects and messing around guessing then going through the tutorial and that's a sad sad shame. I can't belive they approved it who ever did should be fired.

Message 6 of 19 (71,995 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Follow the tutorial steps. The various items will become available.

Notice that if you have any Mods you must remove them during the tutorial as they may interfere with it.

Message 7 of 19 (71,992 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Follow the tutorial steps. The various items will become available.

Notice that if you have any Mods you must remove them during the tutorial as they may interfere with it.

That can be a problem for some, but most of the posts here have already stated that they don't use mods or cc. I don't; my tutorial stalls every time. The steps get stuck, it doesn't tell you to advance, and the various items do not become available.

@Nayela77 @alamna74 - please make sure to click "Me Too" on the bug report thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/m-p/...

It is frustrating, the only thing that has worked for me is exiting the game, clearing the cache, then run a repair on the game. That seems to find the spot that is stuck, and lets you complete it if you're stuck on the first section. 

Message 8 of 19 (71,975 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have any mods or expansions or anything else. All I have is the base game. I keep losing the menu options for everything, usually down to just one option. I've finished the tutorial with taking a vacation day, traveling to the park, going fishing meeting 3 sims and the like. But It appears I'm still in the tutorial. There are things I still can't access due to the tutorial. Like the build menu. I've tried twice to go through the tutorial and I keep getting to the same place and don't seem to be able to go further. Any suggestions. Losing the menu options is very frustrating to say the least, but I also feel like I'm stuck in a time warp not being able to complete the tutorial.

Message 9 of 19 (71,374 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What is listed as the next step in aspirations?

Message 10 of 19 (71,363 Views)