Strangerville isn't working for me

by Cynquilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strangerville isn't working for me

★★★ Apprentice

So I'm a little late to the Strangerville party, but I've been having some major issues with the quest.

I gathered all the clues first hand,  all 15 pieces, and couldn't compile a dossier at all. The requirements even showed I had 0/15, even though I had all of them in my inventory. Even with the new aspiration. So I used a cheat to get past the first part, leading up to having to make a hazmat suit and collect spores with a scanner after trying to impress someone in the military. He wouldn't give it to me after a success, so I had to bribe him! So I go back to the lab, use the scanner and got all 15 pieces. Even though I have 15, it shows in my aspiration requirements that it's 0/15, same with the clues and couldn't even use the chemical analyzer in the secret lab!

I don't know what to do. I'm getting frustrated Frown

Message 1 of 6 (3,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strangerville isn't working for me

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cynquilla I am not sure why your spores are not showing up in your inventory? Are they in the personal inventory? Do you have any mods or cc?

Spoiler
 You will need to get past the door in the lab so you can get exposed to the spores. You leave and recover. You can then get a hazmat suit at the curio shop (after you have been exposed), but you will need a spore filter for the hazmat suit. You can collect the 15 spores into your personal inventory (find with the scanner), go to the lab machine's chemical analyzer (in the basement) and use the spores to construct  an Infection Profile. 

But... if your spores are not showing up in your inventory it may be that is your issue... and why collecting the evidence did not work correctly for you either. This is why I asked about the mods & cc. If this is the case, please try the following to see if it makes the spores begin to show up in your personal inventory:

Spoiler
  • Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,389 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cynquilla I am not sure why your spores are not showing up in your inventory? Are they in the personal inventory? Do you have any mods or cc?

Spoiler
 You will need to get past the door in the lab so you can get exposed to the spores. You leave and recover. You can then get a hazmat suit at the curio shop (after you have been exposed), but you will need a spore filter for the hazmat suit. You can collect the 15 spores into your personal inventory (find with the scanner), go to the lab machine's chemical analyzer (in the basement) and use the spores to construct  an Infection Profile. 

But... if your spores are not showing up in your inventory it may be that is your issue... and why collecting the evidence did not work correctly for you either. This is why I asked about the mods & cc. If this is the case, please try the following to see if it makes the spores begin to show up in your personal inventory:

Spoiler
  • Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know how it goes.

Message 2 of 6 (3,390 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think there is an issue with a script file, possibly outdated or corrupt. May be conflicting with something in the game.

I moved all my mods and restarted the game. It worked fine and saw that she has clues as part of her aspiration progress.

I'm gonna repair the game, then move in any mods that are not script files and try again. I'll let you know how it goes from there.

Message 3 of 6 (3,372 Views)

Champion

@Cynquilla I'm so happy to hear that and would love to hear updates on how it progresses! Have fun with your Strangerville mystery!

Message 4 of 6 (3,365 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So it was a bad script file. I tested each one that I had installed and checked for updates. Aside from one that grays out the play/load game button on the main screen, the game runs smooth as butter. I let my Sim go to the Lab and take a photo. She now has 2/15 clues. Thank you so much, SheriGR <3 Standard smile Much appreciated for your time and help. Truly.

Message 5 of 6 (3,362 Views)

Champion

@Cynquilla It was my pleasure! It makes my day to hear that it helped... and that you took the time to let us know, plus to add such a kind thank-you! Have fun in Strangerville!! Standard smile:eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (3,356 Views)