Re: Strangerville Mystery Military Career Bug

by SL1MJ1M_J0N3S

Original Post

Strangerville Mystery Military Career Bug

★★ Novice

My sim joined the military career to support herself as she started the StrangerVille mystery, and when she finished it, she was on tier four of the military career. She just now became an ‘evidence eraser’ (tier six) and working from home, my game is telling her she has to now find StrangerVille evidence to complete her home assignment... There is no more evidence because the mystery is solved, and the only way to get evidence would be to restart the entire storyline, which she really doesn’t have time for with a new toddler. What am I supposed to do now?

Message 1 of 10 (2,161 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Plant a bug on someone and then listen in on them using the listening station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (2,127 Views)

★★ Novice

I did as you suggested, with my notifications tab even saying I had received StrangerVille Evidence, but my Work From Home Assignment is still unfulfilled. :-((((

Message 3 of 10 (2,109 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It seems that it doesn't always work. Try taking a picture of the weird plant. If you have one in your inventory already you need to sell it first. Another option is to use a computer in the lab to search for evidence this doesn't always work either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (2,107 Views)

★★ Novice

All the lab computers are broken from previous hacking and every plant has died since the mother was defeated. I went to the plant and poked around and there was no more evidence to collect.

Message 5 of 10 (2,102 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Like I wrote take a photograph no poking around is necessary and the computers can be repaired (requires handiness 9).

Message 6 of 10 (2,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. And nothing works. I've been bugging people, taking pictures of plants~. I even revived the mother plant, but nothing ...

Message 7 of 10 (1,318 Views)

★★ Novice
@SL1MJ1M_J0N3S If you still have this problem you have to make sure you don't have the keyboard on you.
If your never had one then you need to Examine the door. It will then say you need a keyboard and should look for evidence. Then you'll be able to search the files and hack the computer and such
Message 8 of 10 (824 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I’ve had this happen and found that the only thing that worked was hacking the computers in the secret lab. We would often have to repair them first. 

I’m afraid that I ended up cheating my Sim enough programming and handiness to be able to do that. 

Message 9 of 10 (815 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

This thread is a bit old now, so I've gone ahead and locked it to prevent any further necro-posting.

If you're still having trouble with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can look into this with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (802 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help