Step-Parent Relationship Cheat?

by AuroraCelery

Original Post

Re: Step-Parent Relationship Cheat?

★★★★ Expert
@AuroraCelery Thinking out loud: "Family" things like Mother, Sister, Brother are bits. Same as coworker, boss, etc. Relationships like Friend, lover, enemy, aren't. But certain threshholds like progressing from acquaintance to friend to good friend adds relationship bits automatically by the game. Like progressing a romance far enough will automatically add the "Soulmate" bit. Or is that simply a description of the level threshhold?

Not sure exactly how that works. I'm curious to see how "stepmother" works with relationships now. Might do some playing to see.
Message 11 of 18 (572 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps if you do, I'd like to know what you find out!
Message 12 of 18 (568 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Learn something new all the time...

Turns out, "Step" parents don't exist in the game. I never bothered to check.  I had Kara Danvers move in with Lena Luther and Lena's daughter Lindsay. :eahigh_file: Kara and Lena got married, but Kara never became Lindsay's step-mother. Romance options with her new "step-daughter" were still there, it just wasn't labeled as "Step". The only option I had was for Kara to "Adopt as care dependent" Lindsay. Even then, the romance options were still there.

I searched the relationship bits, and the only "step" I found was for step-brother or step-sister. Nothing for step-mother or step-father.

If your game has "step-mother", then it's provided by a mod. You'll have to check with the mod creator to see why it isn't working properly.

Message 13 of 18 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@AuroraCeleryAlthough, I created a daughter for Kara, got Kara and Lena married again, and Kara's daughter and Lena's daughter didn't become "step-sisters". Not sure why not if the relationship bit is there.

Message 14 of 18 (553 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps huh, weird. I don't know why I remember there being a step-parent relationship bit, I guess I have bad memory, haha.
I do wish there was one, though.
Message 15 of 18 (543 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AuroraCelery It does seem to be an oversight. A minor one tho. Especially since they have step-sisters, grandmothers, cousins, and dozens of others. It wouldn't have taken much to add it. Look at all the relationship bits there are now? Mommy Dearest, Passive Parent, Super Siblings, "Best Little Boo"??? (I'm serious, that last one is actually in there)
Message 16 of 18 (527 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps  and @AuroraCelery , "Best Little Boo"! Large smile:eahigh_file:  Mommy Dearest is a reference to the classic Hollywood actress Joan Crawford .  About 35 years ago her adopted daughter Christina Crawford wrote a tell-all book about growing up with Joan for a mother, and later it was made into a Movie starring Faye Dunaway . Joan was not portrayed in a good light. Raised eyebrow

As for relationships, depending on your culture and where you live in the world, different cultures have different definitions on what constitutes "family".  Some don't count anything but the closest blood relatives, while others count cousins  like brothers, and even count more distant in-laws as close relatives!  I guess if there is no other way to fix the relationships to you likening, you might just have to imagine they come from a culture that views things differently. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 18 (520 Views)

★ Guide

It should still say step-dad on the family tree.

Message 18 of 18 (515 Views)