Sims in Bad Moods at Parties

by Jes2G

Original Post

Sims in Bad Moods at Parties

★ Guide

Does anyone know why Sims always arrive at parties bored or angry? It's consistent, extremely annoying, and not realistic. I have to use MC Command Center to get rid of the buffs. The buffs themselves are weird and seems like they were put there simply because they're attending a party. They say something like buff.NPC.bored/angry. I know for a fact that most of the Sims at my most recent party were neither bored nor angry because they are playable Sims and I play their houses regularly. They rarely get bored or angry, so why are they constantly bothered at my parties? Why would this be programmed into the game?

Message 1 of 7 (861 Views)

Re: Sims in Bad Moods at Parties

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jes2G I think that is an awesome question! Running a social function in socially 'average' sim home is enough to drive me to drink. Cocktail
I avoid it like the plague. Disappointed

I know that if I have a home that is wonderfully made in order to keep everyone extremely happy, I have the right lot traits for a great party/social event, I have the items in the home that are conducive for great and successful social gatherings, I have sims that have traits and experience to run the social gathering very well, and I am fantastic at using the pause button and micromanaging the gathering I can have a successful event. Party hat But... it should not take all of that to have a decent one.

I have found the same thing for an 'average' sim gathering - they all seem pre-disposed to not enjoy themselves very much if at all. I stopped having 'birthday parties', weddings, etc. long ago since it just turned out to be an unpleasant event all around to me, normally, and who needs that when you're just trying to have a nice birthday or wedding? Raised eyebrow

I don’t work for EA.
I play on Mac with aging off, never use Mods or CC, & have played since Sims 1.
I own all packs, run updates immediately, & backup daily.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 7 (848 Views)

Champion

@Jes2G, & @SheriGR , I completely agree with @SheriGR .  I rarely make any Sims with some of the Social aspirations that require parties because of this! Sick And for Sims with the Culinary Aspiration, I almost never complete their aspiration because I don't want to deal with dinner parties! Disappointed For birthdays I have ended up just baking a cake for the person who is about to age up, because that way they won't get the negative sadness moodlet for a missed birthday Angel-- but I never give a birthday party anymore! Raised eyebrowFrown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (824 Views)

★ Guide

@PugLove888  @SheriGR  I wonder if SimGuruNick knows about this and can shed some light.

Message 4 of 7 (803 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Jes2G This is why I tend to make sure most of my sims have the "Compassionate" trait. They have the ability to basically make all but the strongest negative emotions in other sims just go away.
Message 5 of 7 (794 Views)

Champion

@Jes2G, good question Wondering, but I'm not on Twitter.Embarrassed  I occasionally stumble upon various Sim Guru's Tweets (including Sim Guru Nick) , but I don't post or follow anyone.  Wink  If you are on Twitter, I suppose you could ask. Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (782 Views)

★ Guide

Good idea. I'll try it!

Message 7 of 7 (764 Views)