Re: Sims freezing in swimming pool- Seasons NOT installed

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims freezing in swimming pool- Seasons NOT installed

★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, laundry day, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim swim in a pool (no seasons pack installed)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is swimming and has a sudden icy cold spot (and the sim freezes). I do not have Seasons- didn't want it because of things like this!
What do you expect to see? No temperature issues in a game that, specifically, does not have Seasons pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch

I am having numerous issues with this last (two) patch/s. Not only is my sim suddenly experiencing freezing water (in a game that does NOT have the Seasons pack), but there are numerous other bugs. Also having an issue with my ya sims not aging up, though their child is!

Message 1 of 9 (1,363 Views)

Hero
@InfiniteVerve Does he actually freeze to death or just freeze ? The sudden chills is something that came with Island Living. You don't need seasons for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,351 Views)

★ Expert
@crinrict I don't have Island Living (don't want it). So, did they mess up all worlds by adding that in the patch, even if people didn't get IL?
Message 3 of 9 (1,322 Views)

Champion
@InfiniteVerve we mean the Island Living patch - it added extra stuff to base game swimming like getting cramps, floating on back, etc. I haven’t seen my sims get a sudden chill while swimming (I don’t have a Island Living either), but I haven’t seen a sim get cramps either. I don’t have them swim much, and not in outdoor pools yet.
Message 4 of 9 (1,320 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@InfiniteVerve Guess it was the patch then as @simvasion says.

You didn't answer my question though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,304 Views)

★ Expert
@crinrict a sudden freeze, the sims turned blue, and I got the sim out of the pool.
Message 6 of 9 (1,294 Views)

Hero
@InfiniteVerve Yeah, sounds working as intended then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,289 Views)

★ Expert
@crinrict They intended to wreck the game? Why am I not surprised :/
Message 8 of 9 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@InfiniteVerve Moving this to game info as feedback.

I don't really see how this is wrecking the game but I guess each person plays differently

Just saying, it's not a bug and if you don't like it, it's feedback.

There's is a bug with the moodlet where you can get them OUTSIDE the pool but that already has a thread and you can just add your voice there if that is happening to you. Sudden Chills inside the pool are something that came with the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,275 Views)